Help with Israel/Middle East map   

Help with Israel/Middle East map

Postby filthysock » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:36 pm

I'm currently living in Israel for a while, and driving a Chevy Cruze '14 with some Chinese aftermarket head console unit (I believe). I can't find any information about the console unit, but the iGo Primo map seems to be from 2012 – and a lot has changed since then. I have gotten lost and stuck at dead-end roads several times already.
Can anybody help advise where I can find files to update the maps? All the "middle east" options I have seen here include all but Israel. Everything I have found concerning Israel, mentions "GM Israel", which I don't really know what is, or if it is compatible with what I'm using. Isn't "GM" for a different unit and program? Anyway, I found one Middle East folder here; though it is uploaded recently, the file name is "...2006.06..." which seems to hint at a much older date, and it only contained a ".dem" file, but I'm suspecting that won't do much in the way of maps. It just updates terrain graphics, right?
Any help? I don't understand much of anything at this site.

For reference
The iGo Primo file ("navione") I have is version. 9.6.13.0.
The only data information the HCU will give me is:

Version:
Shell: 2.99.1
MCU: D49CCRH8-TH3R--V1.20
Navigator path: \Storage Card\Navione\Navione.exe

PS: When I google some of the these things, I find some clues that my unit may be from a brand called "Road Rover", but I can't find any help or information online about how to update maps on a "Road Rover" (which seems to be necessary information if I were to upgrade via Naviextras' site).
filthysock offline

Re: Help with Israel/Middle East map

Postby filesupload100 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:57 pm

Keep a backup of your original sdCard, or better, use a new formatted one. Copy all files from the original to the new one.
Now, get the latest Israel map here.
Unpack the file, and copy the files from the "content/map" folder to the same folder of your SDcard.
Try to see if the program can read this new map, and to show its view.
If not, we will replace the program to another version, but this is only if changing the map will not work.
If it works, you can change (replace) all other files (buildings, poi etc.)
BTW GM is the company name that produce the map, "Gps & More".
No help by PM, post your questions on the relevant forum and thread only!
I'm sorry, but please don't PM me with reupload requsts.
filesupload100 offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby filthysock » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:10 am

filesupload100 wrote:Unpack the file, and copy the files from the "content/map" folder to the same folder of your SDcard.
Try to see if the program can read this new map, and to show its view.

Thank you so much. I have unpacked the files, but now I see I have several options which probably could create some issues if I do it wrong. In the cards map folder, should I replace the files, simply add them or delete any or all of the existing ones before I add the new ones?

The existing ones are Basemap.fbl, Israel.fbl, Israel.fda, Israel.fpa and Israel.ftr.
filthysock offline

Postby filesupload100 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:56 am

Yes, since we want to use a new map, you should delete the old one, and replace it with the new one.
The same for all other related files:
filesupload100 wrote:If it works, you can change (replace) all other files (buildings, poi etc.)

The only file you can (not must, it will work without it) keep, is the "basemap.fbl", but this is not critical.
(A newer basemap.fbl can be found [Please Register or Login to download file] )
filesupload100 offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby filthysock » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:07 pm

filesupload100 wrote:Yes, since we want to use a new map, you should delete the old one, and replace it with the new one.

Thank you. I tested it out properly now, with a dedicated new SD card and everything, but when the navigator uploads in my car, I get the error message: "Can't use these maps with this license." or something to that effect.
Do you have any further suggestions?
filthysock offline

Postby filesupload100 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:27 pm

So, your program is looking for the correct license, and we don't have it. Well, this is the time:
filesupload100 wrote:we will replace the program to another version, but this is only if changing the map will not work.

Download [Please Register or Login to download file] , and unpack it on your computer.
On your new SDcard, delete all files from the folder "Navione" (do not delete the folder itself.
From your computer, copy all files (as is, do not unpack "zip" files!) from folder "Primo2" to the folder "Navione" on the SDcard.
In the "Navione" folder, rename the file "Primo2.exe" to "Navione.exe" (pay attention to the "N" capital letter).
Copy the map and other files from the new Israel package, to the correct folders (map, poi, building etc.) on the SDcard.
Insert the SDcard into the device, and run your new program...
filesupload100 offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby filthysock » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:50 am

Thank you so much! Everything loaded up just find and looks great. I have yet to test it on the road and see if it's up-to-date accordingly, but I am sure it is. Right off the bat I could see the map is much more detailed, even with logo's for the various gas stations. I'm excited to try it out. Again, thank you so much!
filthysock offline

Postby filesupload100 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:12 pm

I'm allways happy to help. Enjoy it.
It's up to July/August 2017. I guess that in the next weeks a new map will be available. If you're still in Israel, keep your eyes on the maps section.
filesupload100 offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby gmaoz » Tue May 19, 2020 12:12 pm

Hi

I tried to follow the instruction but the file is no more available to download.

Where can I find the updated map and software?

BTW, do you also distribute teh bluetooth software for the multimedia kit preinstalled on Ford Focus in Israel? Where can I find and update to it?

Thanks

Gadi
gmaoz offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core