Help with binatone F430   

Help with binatone F430

Postby andyd21_8 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:57 pm

Hi all I have just brought a Binatone F430, I'm trying to get European maps for it, I do not want to pay £50 them as think it's insane. I am a novice at this stuff it took me 5 days to unlock using a jailbreak my Iphone :( haha
I have downloaded igo primo but not sure if it the write type of file, so can someone first put up a link to the right file i need?
what is the root of an SD card? does this mean the file? open the sd card and put it in?
once I have the file on the sd card do i have to unpack it or move it around? as i have 7 seperate files in my primo file so can't see how the Nav will know where to look?
once i have it on the sd card can i just plug and play or do i have to change stuff on the data file of the nav?

I read this that fatboyfun wrote.
To just run another GPS application or a unlock shell/desktop, all you need to do is copy the new application's directory to a SD card and rename the directory to MobileNavigator and the application itself to MobileNavigator.exe
ie, MobileNavigator\MobileNavigator.exe
Open Notepad on your PC and type...
\SDMMC\MobileNavigator\MobileNavigator.exe
and save as SHELL.ini and copy to the root of the card.
Insert into the device and then turn it off and then back on.
Tap OK then Navigation and if you've done it correctly the new app will start.
The GPS COM port is COM:7 and the Baud rate is 57600
Removing the card and restarting will run the original software.

I tried this i can't seem to get it to work he obviously knows what he is talking about but maybe a little to much as it just get's confusing :( if someone could explain this all to me in thick man's terms would be amazing or if anyone knows of a video like on youtube I can following be even better :)
thanks in advance for all your help
andyd21_8 offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:14 pm

You best stick with Fatboyfun.
He is, without a doubt, the Resident Expert here with Binatone devices (and many other things).
If he cannot help you to do what you want on your device, then nobody will be able to (and somebody else may in fact steer you in a wrong direction).
andyd21_8 wrote:he [color="#FF0000"]obviously knows what he is talking about[/color] but maybe a little to much as it just get's confusing

[color="#FF0000"]Yes he does.[/color] But he can also be very patient with people who need a bit of extra hand holding. Just do exactly what he says, step by step, and you will be fine.
Guaranteed.
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Fatboyfun » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:40 pm

It's best if you explain to me in detail what you did, and then I'll tell you where the problem is...

But first...

Imagine an empty (brand new or formatted) sd card, put it into the card reader on your PC and open it, you see an empty explorer window, this is the root!

Put the shell.ini and the MobileNavigator folder here...

Now when you open the mobile navigator folder you will see some more folders and files including content, licence data.zip and MobileNavigator.exe plus others

If you only see one MobileNavigator folder here, then cut and paste it into the "root" if the sd card as explained above, click yes to the warning about overwriting.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby andyd21_8 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:10 pm

he is a patient guy and still helping me out bless him :)
andyd21_8 offline

Postby andyd21_8 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:14 pm

ok so i copy the new primo file to my root of the SD card,? done
then open the original satnav file find the MobileNavigator file and copy that to the primo file? and overwrite the one in the primo file?
what do i write in the SHELL.ini. file? in the SD file?
andyd21_8 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:44 pm

You don't need to go into the internal memory at all!
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about iGO core