My Guide 4328 - how to acces file explorer ans launch other    

My Guide 4328 - how to acces file explorer ans launch other

Postby ghjuva » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:08 pm

My GPS 4328 come with an kind og autoboot which launch a menu with 4 buttons (navigate, games, settings, ..) no access to a file explorer.

GPS software is full of bug an i would like to find a way to replace it.

I see another post about 4328 and SD CARD but I do not see clearly which file should be modified to launch another program on SDCARD

Also, s.o in this thread talk about an access to a file explorer. How can i do that

Thanks for your help

Regards
ghjuva offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:22 pm

When you connect your device to your pc and explore it's contents, What do you see? Do you see a folder called MobilleNavigator?
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby ghjuva » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:03 am

I have many folders : BlueSoleil, Bluetooth_inbox,Bluetooth_outbox,Games, GPSPARA and MyGuide (which contain Navigator application) and also config.sys.

In MyGuide there is Launcher.ini sys.txt and many other files including MyGuide.exe (it a renamed igo.exe)
ghjuva offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:54 am

I think the easiest way is to rename the MyGuide folder to MyGuide2 and create a new MyGuide folder containing a different navigation application (Or a shell) where the executable has been renamed to MyGuide.exe

You could use a small Mortscript to point to an application on a SD card if you don't have the space on your internal memory.

This way it's just a case of deleting the new MyGuide folder and renaming MyGuide2 back to MyGuide if you get problems.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby ghjuva » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:01 am

Ok Thanks,

But what is exactly motscript, I can find many information on the web but no information if it is included in system natively

How could I have a file explorer (modify SYS.TXT, ???)
ghjuva offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:38 am

Mortscript is a small scripting utility similar to batch files on your pc, It is not included with your system, Total commander CE and FilemanCE are file explorers you can use.

What you want is a shell where you can select from several applications.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby ghjuva » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:50 am

Yes that's it ! On another myguide GPS (3100) I have an access to a file explorer to browser content and choose application to laucnh in this one it is not possible (for me). As I read that so in another thread is able to use a file explorer on the same GPS it would be interesting to know how.

I tried to replace the entire memory with a full set coming from another IGo GPS image but It does not work (I did not try for the moment to juste replace le content of MyGuide folder), now my GPS is restoring from the backup I made before erasing all stuff.

I am tryng to understand how LAUNCHER.INI and SYS.TXT because they seems to be the key to configure this device

Here is the content of my launcher.ini (the 4 items of the Modules correspond to the 4 buttons which appears when GPS is launched (after init process)

[modules]
Navigate = "ico_map.bmp", "sc_GoToNavMenu"
Media = "ico_entertainment.bmp", "", 100, "oasis.*", 1
Extras = "ico_extras.bmp", "", 100, "oasis.*", 1
Settings = "$ico_settings.bmp", "sc_GoToSettings"

[Media]
Video = "ico_video.bmp", "st_Video", 100, "oasis.media.videoplayer", 1
Pictures = "ico_pictures.bmp", "st_FilesPict", 100, "oasis.pictures", 1
0 = "", ""

[Extras]
Calculator = "ico_calculator.bmp", "st_Calculator", 100, "oasis.calculator"
Games = "ico_games.bmp", "st_Games"

And below my SYS.TXT (both are in MyGuide folder)

[device]
type="myguide_PAPA-Generic"
ghjuva offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:13 am

Without having the device in front of me it's hard to know what exactly to do but it looks like launcher.ini is calling preconfigured alaises "sc_gotonavmenu", Is there a file with that name anywhere? if there is open it with notepad to see if there's a path inside you can edit.

If not i'd install a shell where MyGuide.exe is and configure that to point to your apps.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby ghjuva » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:54 pm

I understand, It is my second device from my guide and the 1st one give acces to system files (stored in the same partition than igo files). this one (MyGuide 4328BT) seems to have a kind of hidden/crypted partition (when you connect to computer you have a message saying that one partition cannot be read with ignore and inittialise choice) the other partition contain files and folders decribed above.

Concerning sc_gotonavmenu there is not such file anywhere in the file tree.. very strange !

in a folder names GPSPAR (souns like parameters) 4 files gpspara0.bin ti gpspara4.bin an present but can't be open (I tried with notepad but not (human) understandable). Maybe there files acn be decoded someway ?

I can image it is not enough but the imzge of this GPS (from the store I bought it) is : [Please Register or Login to download file] .

I try to remove LAUNCHER.INI but it has nor effect (sofware start as usual to a 4 button menu described above)

Now restore (after complete erasing) seems to not work I have a message saying that a database is missing (very strange behavior because I restore everithing , unless there is somme hidden files I missed :-)

When you bnswer to belphegor in :
http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?4692-my-GPS-MYGUIDE-4328-do-not-recognise-my-SD-card

Which configuration file are you talking about ?

Regards
ghjuva offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:25 pm

I don't know how he unlocked it but he was asking about SystemInformation which is a small utility for creating menus that was not built in to the device, Send Belphegor a PM and ask what files he edited to run other programmes.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby ghjuva » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:15 pm

Ok thanks

I'll do so !

I found a thread on a french site with some interisting elements about 4328

I'll will post all info I get to help others
ghjuva offline

Postby belphegor » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:38 pm

Right Fatboyfun
@ghjuva
Mine is now fully functional.(4328bt) also bought at rue du commerce (my others 4228 where also much more easier to open)
I renamed on the flash disk the directoty myguide as myguide_base
Then I replaced it by a small shell menu directory renamed myguide and renaned its exe file in myguide exe.
Then at starting I get the new shell menu very easy to customised .
Fatboyfun gave me the syntax from this new menu to reach the additive SD card
On this SD card I fitted many utilities and other navigators typically igo8 and tomtom.
I look now for this additive shell menu thread.
And i will come back to you.
Bephi
I got the thread :
[color=red]{Dead link}[/color]
Two small menus are there i personnaly prefered the "V1" but both must be OK.
With the the v1 the "unlock exe becomes myguide.exe as explained above.
and for customisation the path to reach is SD card is typically" Command = \Storage Card\iGO8\iGO8.exe " thanks to fatboyfun "
Just to change small things in the config ini of the new menu.
Have a great day!
Bonjour chez toi collègue! un GPS à moins de 50€ je n'ai pas pu résister moi non plus...

Belphi
belphegor offline

Postby ghjuva » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:02 pm

Hi, Thanks for you message ("collègue" ... ça sent le sud il me semble .. comme moi si c'est le cas :-)

I just tried this week-end to replace the myguide.exe application (in myguide folder) by another one cedesktp.exe (rename as myguide.exe) and this gave me access to a full CE desktop ( PNAdesktop crash).
Using this file browser I only see internal flash and SDCard cannot be seen .. very strange.

I just send back my GPS to RDC to be replaced for this problem. When RDC send me back a new one i will continue other test.

Meanwhile i will study stuff you linked

what I found :
IGO Structure explaination:
[color="red"]No links to other GPS forums please[/color]
SYS.TXT explained:
[Please Register or Login to download file]

Again thanks to both of you

We'll stay in touch

Regards
ghjuva offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:55 pm

Fatboyfun offline