7" GPS, "No find navigation software"   

Postby Lackomelza » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:11 pm

My In-dash 7" Chinese GPS stopped working after a couple of years. Can not read cards. I get " no find navigation software" message. I have used a tomtom and igo softwares. my last one was Primo 2. Now, every time I put a card and press navigate, I see "storage card/Nandflash software" I can't select my card. can anyone hep? Thanks, Lackomelza
Lackomelza offline

Postby chas521 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:35 pm

If the card was working before and now it isn't, there are two possibilities 1. The old SD card has become corrupted and needs to be re-formatted [FAT32] 2. You need a new SD card.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Lackomelza » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:54 pm

Thanks, First, I tried formatting the old card, It did not work. I am now using/trying several new cards . Everytime I use a new card, I get the same message "no find navigation software, and it takes me to "storagecard nandflash software". I do not think it is the card. I even tried to reset the gps with no solution. Has anyone faced such problem?
Thanks
Lackomelza
Lackomelza offline

Postby ovalball » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:54 am

Have you checked that the nav path is correct?There will be an icon where you cen tell your machine where your sat nav software is located eg flash drive/primo2/primo.exe.Make sure it is looking in the right place.
ovalball offline

Postby Lackomelza » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:18 pm

ovalball wrote:Have you checked that the nav path is correct?There will be an icon where you cen tell your machine where your sat nav software is located eg flash drive/primo2/primo.exe.Make sure it is looking in the right place.

Yes I did. 'Storagecard/primo2/primo.exe" When I try to go to my card, the machine woul not let me. It stays at "storagecard/nandflash/nandflashsoftware"
There is a button where you choose nandflash or your card, when I pless that it does not read my card, instead, it tells me "no find navigation software" Is there
anyway to read what is in the internal memory?
Lackomelza offline

Postby chas521 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:55 pm

Lackomelza wrote:Yes I did. 'Storagecard/primo2/primo.exe" When I try to go to my card, the machine woul not let me. It stays at "storagecard/nandflash/nandflashsoftware"
There is a button where you choose nandflash or your card, when I pless that it does not read my card, instead, it tells me "no find navigation software" Is there
anyway to read what is in the internal memory?

I don't use Primo at all anymore but is the .exe called primo.exe or primo2.exe or igo.exe?

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Navigation software not found

Postby Lackomelza » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:15 am

I have several cards, some with primo.exe, primo2.exe and others with igoprimo.exe. every time I put a card and press navigate or navigation and press enter, I get storagecard/nandflash/nandflashsoftware or storagecard/NWDSoftware. I do not even know what it means. The machine can't read any of my cards. I thik my car gps is toast. any idea? thanks for reading my post.
Lackomelza offline

Postby chas521 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:05 am

Lackomelza wrote:I have several cards, some with primo.exe, primo2.exe and others with igoprimo.exe. every time I put a card and press navigate or navigation and press enter, I get storagecard/nandflash/nandflashsoftware or storagecard/NWDSoftware. I do not even know what it means. The machine can't read any of my cards. I thik my car gps is toast. any idea? thanks for reading my post.

Unfortunately, I agree.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Fatboyfun » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:37 am

Wouldn't be the first time (or the last time) a card reader has failed.

Physically check the card slot for foreign objects, like bits of cards that have broken off, so the sd card doesn't sit in correctly, or if you use a micro card adaptor, check that works, as I've had one break in the past.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby ovalball » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:55 pm

I have had a similar problem.I too have a 7 inch double din unit which I bought off amazon from the far east!I am running Primo 2 and selected auto shut down after reaching destination.When this happened for the first time the sat nav program shut down and I got the message "no signal".Trouble was when I restarted the unit I got the same message!Even after pressing the reset button I still got "no signal"and just couldn't get primo to start .In desperation I completely unplugged the unit from all it's connectors and restarted it.Hey presto it worked!Dont know why but would be interested in others thoughts as to what caused it.
ovalball offline

Postby ovalball » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:57 pm

Does anyone who may have one of these 7 inch Chinese units know how to get to the nav path set up screen.I have managed it but don't know how!It was a case of hit and hope.
ovalball offline

Postby chas521 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:30 pm

Guys,
Just saying, but you might have gotten a bad download. Also, you might try deleting the save folder. However, I would suggest that you back it up first.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Lackomelza » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:47 pm

chas521 wrote:Guys,
Just saying, but you might have gotten a bad download. Also, you might try deleting the save folder. However, I would suggest that you back it up first.

I believe the problem started after pushing the card in hard and by doing that I might have messed up the internal mechanism. Anyways, no solution, we may as well close the thread?
Lackomelza offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:07 pm

Try shining a torch into the card slot and having a look around, i once had a tiny corner of a MMC card break off in a non-gps device's card reader, which sat at the bottom of the slot and pushed the card contacts up slightly so the connection wasn't very good, The card appeared to fit in the slot as normal.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about iGO core