Erisin ES812G Problems.   

Erisin ES812G Problems.

Postby iainmax » Sun May 06, 2012 11:12 am

Hi,

I'm new to this so please so please forgive the many questions. If i'm in the wrong section please feel free to move me :p

My friend has recently bought an Erisin ES812G off eBay. The unit came with an SD card which I believe was preloaded with a base map and software. This is the actual unit he bought:

[Please Register or Login to download file]

Ok, while he was playing around with the gps, he says he accidentally formatted the SD card and now he can't get the gps to function. He's got a new version of Igo Primo 1.2 v.9.2.1. This is where I come in, I put the contents of the Igo folder to the root of the sd card. When I press the navi file on the unit - I get this response: The program can't be executed please check the setting. I've tried different igo versions and still get the same response.

I've contacted the ebay seller and his response was this: You must record the browser and the mapping to the root of the sd card.
You must go to the configuration of the GPS on the radio and tell you that the mapping to the root of the card.

I'm at a loss as to how to continue. I'm fairly computer literate but this has me stumped.

Any help at all will be gratefully received as he's driving me mad!

Thanks for reading.
Iain
iainmax offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sun May 06, 2012 12:15 pm

I suspect the original software had a different filename to the new software and the device can't find it.

Somewhere in the system menu should be a 'GPS/Nav path' setup, where you tell the unit where to look,

If not and the original folder\file names are unknown, You may be able to use Recuva (Freeware) to scan for deleted files, which may give clues to the original names, then rename the new software to match.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Sun May 06, 2012 1:17 pm

Judging by this screenshot from the link:

My guess would be in Settings, Main Menu 1, upper button on the right to set the path, etc for navigation software.
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby hairydog » Mon May 07, 2012 10:10 am

I have one of these, which runs Primo 2 quite happily, with two slight problems:

1. When Primo is speaking, the radio sound is cut off completely, instead of being turned down. I cannot find any way to fix this.

2. From time to time, the radio stops working if navigation is in the foreground. Switching to the radio brings it back - for a while. I'm hoping that my latest tweaks to memory settings will have fixed this, but I'm not sure. Need to drive somewhere that has poor radio reception to test.

To choose the filename of the navigation program, go to settings / set navi file. Then navigate to the right place and click the filename. I think the selected filename is shown in blue.

FWIW, this device has a screen res of 800x480 and about 103MB of ram, of which about 83.5MB is free.
hairydog offline

RE: Erisin

Postby iainmax » Mon May 07, 2012 6:59 pm

Thanks for the replies guys.

I'll try the recuva software to see if can find anything.

When I tried to access the GPS by pressing the navigation button. The system responds with ''The program can't be executed. Check the setting"

How can I access the system in order to set the path?

Iain
iainmax offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Mon May 07, 2012 7:01 pm

Follow these instructions...

hairydog wrote:To choose the filename of the navigation program, go to settings / set navi file. Then navigate to the right place and click the filename. I think the selected filename is shown in blue.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby hairydog » Mon May 07, 2012 7:05 pm

iainmax wrote:How can I access the system in order to set the path?

You could try doing what we suggest instead of doing something else: that might work!

Do not press the Navi button.

Go to the menu. Click the right button to get to the second screen where you will find Settings. Choose the "Set Navi File" option, then navigate to where you put the Primo program (it doesn't matter what you called it as long as you find it) and click it. Then return to the menu and turn the unit off and on again.
hairydog offline

Postby iainmax » Tue May 08, 2012 9:17 pm

Hairydog,

My apologies, I did not pay attention to your instructions. I've spent so long pressing the Navi button I see it everywhere. :o

I'll give a try when I get to see him this week.

Thanks so much for your advice.

Iain
iainmax offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core