edit/modify driver alert icons?   

edit/modify driver alert icons?

Postby victor42 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:44 pm

Hi all,is it possible to alter these icons?i've noticed that some of the symbols relate to vehicles that drive on the right,thought maybe i could change them to the signage used in the uk.i might just be a bit picky but it's often the little things that bug you.i've looked in just about every folder and file i can open but not found anything.i'm now guessing that the info may be in the map .fda(navteq) files but cannot open them.i wondered if anyone else had any knowledge of this and had a solution.any ideas?? it's not critical,just me wanting the perfect setup.
victor42 offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby Fatboyfun » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:30 am

I would imagine the images are in the data.zip somewhere, bear in mind the bitmaps are compressed, so use software like ipaq31xtools to uncompress them, also they might be all together in one image like the speed cameras are.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby victor42 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:04 pm

thanks for the info on the ipaq tool:D,good tool once i worked out how to use it.haven't found the DA images as yet,think they're well buried.have been playing with the speedcams for a while,got sizing right,just got to work out how to build up the strip images,then we''ll be flying.
victor42 offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:51 pm

I dabbled with image editing a long time ago, I just kept the images the same size within the file, otherwise you need to edit the corresponding .spr file, just recompress with iPaq tools and drag back into the winrar window.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby victor42 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:18 pm

i can see hours of fun with this:crazy:but once i start,it's gotta be finished!!
victor42 offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core