Display UK post codes in waypoints list - iGo Primo   

Display UK post codes in waypoints list - iGo Primo

Postby creanga » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:15 pm

Hy big guys and everybody else :)

Please help me to achieve this:

I use to search UK addresses by postcodes. When I enter more postcodes for my route, in order to make a delivery route with many stops, I need to display the UK post codes in my way-points list like this in Primo 1.1

37 The Highlands, HA8 5HD

or better

HA8 5HD, 37 The Highlands

Right now, if I search a UK address using the post code, I get only the address in my way-point list and the post code is not displayed, so I can't track them as I wish.

I need to track the route by postcodes, not by addresses, so I really need this feature, please help me with this.

I know there must be some *.ini file that must be modified, but I don't know which one to edit and what code to add.

Cheers mates! I'm looking forward for a quick answer from a very smart guy, I know you are some on this forum.

p.s. By the way, I have bought some "Penguins" :)
creanga offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:10 pm

No-one's asked this before so it's not something that's documented, It's possible that the displayed address is controlled by a script inside the data.zip, but what script and where in the script is unknown, did you try using skins?
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby creanga » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:43 am

Hy there, thanks for your advice. I have tried Dimka and Gurjon skins. They do a lot of good things but not this. I know this can be modified somewhere in the data.zip in some *.ini file.

For example, in my Primo 1.1 I have changed all the caps lock letters to small caps, I have added a four rows keyboard in order to have numbers and letters on the same page, but I don't know how to have UK postcode displayed next or in front of waypoint addresses list.

Please do not tell me about Primo 1.2 or Primo 2.0 because they do not work on my device, they have known GPS signal lost issues.

When you have a table with 10 UK postcodes / house numbers and phone numbers related to them you really need to keep the post codes displayed in waypoint list in order to know who to call next for delivery/pickup.

Maybe some bright mind can help me achieve this.

Cheers!
creanga offline

Postby hairydog » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:11 pm

creanga wrote:When you have a table with 10 UK postcodes / house numbers and phone numbers related to them you really need to keep the post codes displayed in waypoint list in order to know who to call next for delivery/pickup.
Maybe more effort than it is worth, but could you make them POIs or Favourites before adding them to the route? That way you can give each a name - which could be the postcode.
hairydog offline

Postby creanga » Wed May 02, 2012 12:10 pm

Thanks hairydog for the advice, but it is a huge work to make them POI, every time the delivery/pick up addresses are different. I have tried Primo V1.2 and V2.0 without success. If it is only about XML, I will give it a try on my own. But I hope someone on this forum will help me after all.

Cheers guys!
creanga offline

Postby hairydog » Wed May 02, 2012 12:24 pm

POIs are just entries in a kml file. And that looks a lot like simple XML to me!
hairydog offline

Postby huggy » Wed May 02, 2012 6:29 pm

cant you create a route by entering the post codes / adresses then go to "more" and let primo optimise the route for you
huggy offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed May 02, 2012 6:48 pm

Have a look in the data.zip->ui_igo9\xxx_xxx\ui\route_xxx_xxx.ui (Replace xxx_xxx with your device resolution)

See if you can edit the script to achieve what you want...
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby hairydog » Wed May 02, 2012 8:20 pm

huggy wrote:cant you create a route by entering the post codes / adresses then go to "more" and let primo optimise the route for you
I don't think that is the problem. He wants to be able to identify each of the waypoints by their postcode so that he can inform the places he is calling at.

So my suggestion is that the list of calls for the day can be made into a POI file.
Each POI is given a name that is the same as its postcode.
Then each of those POIs can be added to the route, iGo can optimise the route.
He can see the postcodes listed in order of visit.

Without making them into POIs first, he gets just the first line of the address listed in the route, which is not want he wants to look up.
hairydog offline

Postby creanga » Thu May 10, 2012 11:00 am

I have some basic XML knowledge but I don't know The Lua Language. It seems that .ui files have a corresponding .lua files. At this point I can't decompile de .lua files with LuaDec and I don't have other options.

So I still need help from the big boys out there in order to display the postcode in front of any address field from Primo.
creanga offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core