Disabling driving time in truck profile in primo 2   

Disabling driving time in truck profile in primo 2

Postby victor42 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:02 pm

Hi all, this may be a long shot but does anybody know if it is possible to disable or even remove the driving/break time settings in primo 2 truck setting.IMO the notifications are a total waste of time and screen space and nowhere near accurate,I just find it a bit tedious and annoying and can do without it.Any thoughts?
My system is made up from the software found in this excellent forum,I've got it running just as i want it except for this particular issue.
victor42 offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby victor42 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:13 pm

Anybody??Just looked through every file in my setup that i could open and not seen any reference to these settings.Wondered if they could be buried in the .exe file?
victor42 offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:59 pm

First off, I do not know the exact answer..which is why I have not posted a response up to now.
I know very little of the "Truck" features, but I have a feeling that the 'break time' settings may be a legal thing that must be included...taking into account the various trucking regulations across various regions. There may not be a way to totally disable them and still have other Truck features.
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Fatboyfun » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:02 pm

You can play with the timers in driving time management.

Don't know if it works but try setting up a car profile with the truck dimensions.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby victor42 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:45 pm

Thanks for your input guys,tried the car profile method,that appears to work ok,going to test it out over weekend to check the restriction avoidance works as it should.Will report back with outcome,it may be useful to others.
Altering the timers not so good,very little adjustment there.
victor42 offline

Postby victor42 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:43 pm

had a play around with an alternative vehicle profile last week,although you are able to add vehicle dimensions to that profile it doesn't appear to use the ftr map files so making it not much use for me.i'll just have to put up with the pointless notifications
victor42 offline

Postby crb247 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:00 pm

My temporary solution to the timer.... I just maxed out the notification times. Now it asks if i am taking a break after being stationary for more than 15 min. but no longer tells me any other notifications because i do not even come close to hitting the limits. The driving timer reset's on device shutdown and cold start. If you put your nav unit to "sleep" the timer will just pick up where it left off when you wake the device. The Timer is embedded into the truck profile and if i ever do dig it up in the code to disable it i will post it.
crb247 offline

Postby victor42 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:11 pm

Tried this method over the last couple of days and it does seem to work.good luck with the "digging".thanks for this.
victor42 offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core