Different POIs?   

Different POIs?

Postby mpourdas » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:28 pm

1. If I look at the TomTom POIs, say for Europe, there are two files for most countries. One Legacy and one Premium. The Premium file for any given country is always larger than the Legacy one. Also, when I use both files, there are double entries for many places (e.g. when I search for a restaurant). Taking the above two facts into consideration, I tend to conclude that for TomTom POIs, all Legacy places are included in the Premium. So it should be enough to use only the Premium files, since by putting on top the Legacy ones, I will just get some double entries.

2. For Navteq POIs it looks to me it is different. For most countries there is a "standard" (no particular name for it) file, and an extended one. When using both for a given country, I sometimes get a double entry when searching for a POI, but not so many as in the TomTom case. Moreover, the extended files for many countries are smaller than the standard ones. So there must be places which exist only in one of the two files. Thus, in contrast to the TomTom POIs in my point 1 above, it looks to me one should use both files in the case of Navteq.

Is the above correct? I guess this must be explained somewhere on the web, but I could not find any relevant information.
mpourdas offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby bazzle » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:18 am

Some times the poi/map provider has a 2nd poi file called 'Extended" or similar in name.
There is for NT in Australia for example 1st one called:
Australia_NT-2012.poi
and 2nd one called:
Australia_NT-Extended _2012.poi

Bazzle
bazzle offline

User avatar Senior Member

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:44 am

mpourdas wrote:it looks to me one should use both files in the case of Navteq.
Is the above correct?

Yes. In most cases.
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby alvaro_baarn » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:14 pm

Hi there,

I wonder if someone can help me. I used to have a Navman, but I unlocked it and installed instead Igo Primo 2.4. I am really happy with the new GPS software ( got all European maps, and many extras), but in terms of POI's its really basic.
I live in the Netherlands and with the old GPS I used to see everything (Parking places, petrol stations, restuarants, etc..) with the version and files I got now for IGO Primo the files are called: (Netherlands_NQ_Extended_2012.Q3.poi and Netherlands_NQ_Truck_2012.Q3_120918.poi) only shows me the category of ''accommodation''.

I am also confused about the type of files I can install for those purposes( kml, csv, xml ??) and if so, under which folder? content\userdata\poi?

thank you in advance.

alvaro
alvaro_baarn offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:28 pm

I believe you must have "normal" POI's installed before the "extended" POI's work, You don't appear to have them...

For example...

Ireland_NQ_2012.Q3.poi You need this one for your region.
Ireland_NQ_Extended_2012.Q3.poi
Ireland_NQ_Truck_2012.Q3_120918.poi

If you want to use 3rd party POI's then you want .kml files, Place these in... ..\content\UserData\POI and restart iGO.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby alvaro_baarn » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:38 pm

Thank you FatboyFun, make sense. any chance to have it :p :pray: pleaseeeeeeeeeee :)

If not, no worries, I will see if I can get it somewhere.....
alvaro_baarn offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:00 pm

I don't have content for the Netherlands, i checked the content area and it looks like the normal POI for your region is missing from the set, same as the UK normal POI, I've been using the Q2 normal POI for the time being and that seems to work...

If you find it, let us know...
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby alvaro_baarn » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:15 pm

I thought I was going crazy here, as everywhere I looked at, I couldnt find the Q3 normal one for NL. So I guess I will need to use the Q2, isnt it? I am surprised there is no Q3 for the UK either. Do you have the NL for Q2 anyway?

Thank you for your great answer and fast reply. Really appreciate it.

alvaro
alvaro_baarn offline

Postby alvaro_baarn » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:37 pm

Hi Again. I managed to get the Q4 from 2011, installed and works great :) Happy days!!!. I know, its not the most updated one, but at least is something. Thank you so much for your quick answers and help:) nice weekend. alvaro:thumbup:
alvaro_baarn offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:05 pm

No problem.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby mpourdas » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:01 pm

alvaro_baarn wrote:I couldnt find the Q3 normal one for NL

I am not sure I am allowed to post external torrent links here, so if I do anything wrong I apologize to the moderators in advance. I discovered recently the torrent below which has everything and up-to-date. It is more than 20GB but you can select only the NL Q3 files and it has also the one you are looking for (Netherlands_NQ_2012.Q3.poi).

[color="#FF0000"]Moderator Edit: You are correct about not posting the link. In explanation, it's because Navitotal cannot verify the content of that link and it might have negative effects on our excellent credibility. Thanks for your understanding.[/color]
mpourdas offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby filesupload100 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:59 am

Requested Poi's:

[Please Register or Login to download file] 2012.Q4 (poi + extended poi)
[Please Register or Login to download file] 2012.Q4 (poi + extended poi)

Enjoy
ME
filesupload100 offline

User avatar Elite Member

Return to General Discussions about iGO core