Destination arrival time way off!   

Destination arrival time way off!

Postby a01020304 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:02 pm

I have the following igo inatstalled

[Please Register or Login to download file]

I have noticed when it shows destination/arrival time it is way more than it should be.

Example:
Miles to destination is 3 miles. but arrival time is 0.45

it only takes around 5 or 10 mins max to get to destination sho why does the estimated time exceed this is a vast way. Is there a fix for this?

I am using navteq maps and the correct timings work fine on a garmin device but igo its massivly incorrect
a01020304 offline

Postby chas521 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:06 pm

Why don't you ask that other forum? We don't do support for inferior sites.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby a01020304 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:50 pm

i only linked that site as it shows the specific software thats installed (i did not even get it off that site i got it from a torrent file). As I am sure someone would have asked what version I was using.

it is a general igo question so dont see a reason why it cannot be answered here?
a01020304 offline

Postby nabi » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:45 pm

You could have specified what version you have but choose to let someone ask. My crystal ball is in repair so this is a pure guess:

a01020304 wrote:The software routes fine when in truck mode but it does not seem to show any low bridges, width or weight icons on its maps. Is there a way to get these to show on igo? if so how do I go about this

I have igo version 9.6.5.278914 and latest navteq maps installed.

That soft is offered here as well and no flaws like yours have come up. Conclusion??
Besides, when someone uploaded a version, after having made changes to that version, how can you expect someone else to know what changes were made by whom and what side effects they have? And more, it could very well be a hardware issue, as well as a (local?) map issue (use different map(version)) or a setting issue (like truck/low bridge/weight restriction). It's guessing.

Edit

The "lookalike" software post links to a torrent. Thus chances are very likely 100% that the software you downloaded is uploaded by the poster/moderator there.
For any help on that uploaded soft - if the other possibilities are ruled out, you best refer to that site
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby chas521 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:32 pm

a01020304 wrote:i only linked that site as it shows the specific software thats installed (i did not even get it off that site i got it from a torrent file). As I am sure someone would have asked what version I was using.

it is a general igo question so dont see a reason why it cannot be answered here?

The answer is simple. We can fully support our programs because we know what was done to them. Others we do not know what they did. Even though it may be the same program, someone may have done something different to it making it only theirs.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about iGO core