Computer Guy But Never Updated a GPS!   

Computer Guy But Never Updated a GPS!

Postby datminty » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:29 pm

Kind of embarrassed that as an experienced IT guy I can't seem to figure out how to update my GPS' firmware/maps. There is not much identifying info on the hardware or through the OS, so I put the SD card in my laptop and found the following info in various files:

• Delco_QX-BH751T
  • iGO Primo 2.4
  • Log file which seems to indicate it is using Windows CE

Google didn't give me much resources! How do I check if I have the latest firmware and maps? The file timestamps seem to indicate it has been a few years since anything was updated. What tool do I use to update it? Where do I get the firmware/maps files from? Can I use the SD card, or do I have to use a USB cable? It has been crashing if I put a song on repeat-one (not repeat-all), so I hope any firmware update will help.

Sorry to be such a newbie, but I've never messed with GPS devices before. :P Thanks!!
datminty offline

Re: Computer Guy But Never Updated a GPS!

Postby iannic52 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:15 am

iannic52 offline

Postby datminty » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:03 am

iannic52 wrote:Have you read this?

http://www.navitotal.com/how-to-f128/guide-install-igo-primo-devices-with-windows-core-t3521.html

Hmm thanks but the links in that how-to are dead. :(
datminty offline

Postby katastrofe » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:42 am

Well, there is still something you have to do yourself and that is looking for a working link to a program for WinCe - that is if you even need one- and for maps for your country/continent. In case you did not read all, updating is a matter of backup what you have, download, copy, paste. Anyone can do that and many users on this forum have done already, lacking every bit of IT experience.

In this forum are plenty of links - not always working but blame NavnGo and the upload hosts for this, not the forum nor its staff - look a little closer and you will find what you need, including tutorials.
A last remark, I don't know what build you have (Primo 2.4, what date?) but realize that it's not always worthwhile to update the program.
katastrofe offline

Premium Member

Return to General Discussions about iGO core