Chinese HU task switching   

Chinese HU task switching

Postby lcsongor » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:00 am

Hi all,

I searched google over and over again, and either my search string is not good, either nobody has the same problem that I do.
I have a Rythm RM-666 headunit, 2DIN, GPS, DVD, FM, Bluetooth, Wince6, 256MB RAM (though not sure about this)
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Universal-2-Din-6-2-inch-Car-Stereo-DVD-GPS-Radio-Bluetooth-Free-4G-SD-Card/1545910799.html

I can tell, that the unit is extraordinary as quality of sound, and features it has.

However.

Whenever I use IGO on it, it becomes somehow sluggish. Meaning that IGO will navigate me flawlessly, but when I try to switch to FM or MP3, depending on the IGO version and some unknown parameters, it takes some seconds for the unit to react.

If I use IGO 8.3 - switching is reallly really reaalllllly slow - it may take 1 minute to change the radio station.
If I use IGO Primo 2.4 switching is around 5 - 10 seconds.

This also includes the volume roller, radio frequency change from the knob and what annoys me the most - the rear view camera.
This is why I need to use Sygic that has some really old maps (from 2011 I think) where the task switching is real time, the head unit reacts instantly.
I would be happy with Sygic, if I had up to date maps like Igo does, but I don't seem to get Sygic for WinCe maps newer than 2012 September.

My question would be: has any of you had these same problems that I had?
- if anybody had this problem, did he find a solution for it?
lcsongor offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core