Chinese GPS with IGO8 SD Problems....   

Chinese GPS with IGO8 SD Problems....

Postby teal76 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:08 pm

My chinese GPS has WinCE 5 net embedded and i cannot boot device with an sdcard inserted, it powers up to a blank screen, but it boots perfectly with the card out (Igo8 is on internal flash), then I can insert it and it recognizes my files on it fine. this happens even if the sdcard is blank or no matter what i put on it...Does anyone know the problem???Thanks in advance
teal76 offline

Postby chas521 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:23 pm

teal76 wrote:My chinese GPS has WinCE 5 net embedded and i cannot boot device with an sdcard inserted, it powers up to a blank screen, but it boots perfectly with the card out (Igo8 is on internal flash), then I can insert it and it recognizes my files on it fine. this happens even if the sdcard is blank or no matter what i put on it...Does anyone know the problem???Thanks in advance

It's possible that you have a bad card or that the device is not working properly and does not recognize the card. There is something you can try. BACKUP YOUR SD CARD FIRST! Then format your SD card using Fat32 and reinstall your backup.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

tried that..

Postby teal76 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:53 pm

I also tried ntfs and it wouldnt even recognise once booted, but I dont even want to boot from the card, i just dont want to have to take it out every time i want to boot from flash... i just want to keep a few files that i need on it...
maybe i need to try a smaller card than 8gb....
teal76 offline

Postby chas521 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:58 pm

teal76 wrote:I also tried ntfs and it wouldnt even recognise once booted, but I dont even want to boot from the card, i just dont want to have to take it out every time i want to boot from flash... i just want to keep a few files that i need on it...
maybe i need to try a smaller card than 8gb....

Reformatting does not mean that the unit will boot from the card. It boots from the internal drive. Reformatting only cleans the card. Have you tried another card?
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Fatboyfun » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:25 pm

WinCE/Mob doesn't recognise NTFS, Only use FAT/FAT32, Maybe your device wants to boot from an SD card when one is available, You may need to copy some files from flash to card.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby teal76 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:18 am

right, i know about formatting just thought id try another fromat other than fat32.....it is fat32, i also tried another 8gb fat32 card, no difference, makes sense that it first looks at the sdcard if one is available, anyone know what i could put in root to tell wince to skip card and boot from int flash? Can it be possible that it doesnt recognize on boot anything over say 2gig card?
teal76 offline

Postby Kimberly Butler » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:48 am

just a thought maybe your gps is looking for a startup file on the sd card when it is inserted and when it dosent find it you get the blank screen ....(if no card it runs internal) its hard to say though have you changed your internal system files or did it come with igo8 preinstalled?
Kimberly Butler offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:37 am

Clone internal storage onto the sd card and see if it boots from the card.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby teal76 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:48 pm

It came with igo amigo 8 installed and sd didnt work from boot then either, cloned what i ahve internal, no change, thanks for your input guys, guess ill wait til i can get my hands on a smaller card to try (2gb), i read on another forum that depending on the size card, they can act differently on some of the chinese gps. He said that half of the 8gb that he tried had to be inserted after boot, so that might be my answer....
teal76 offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core