Changing Icons in Primo2   

Changing Icons in Primo2

Postby exflyboy » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:25 am

Hi guys,
I've been looking into changing icons in Primo2, specifically the destination and favourites icons. From what I've gathered they are contained in the Data.zip file, as I can't open the files to see what they are could someone direct me to them specifically, I know they are .bmp files but when I make a copy of Data.zip and unzip it and try to view what they are my picture viewer/photoshop etc. go tilt and I'm unable to see what they are. Any suggestions would be very welcome. Perhaps there's an icon viewer program out there which I've overlooked.
exflyboy offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:36 am

If you start fiddling with data.zip, you start playing with fire....unless you know exactly what you are doing and how to do it correctly.
Not something I would suggest for most people.
Better and safer, see here:
iGo-Primo-2.0-
In the section:
European full color POI Add-On Packs Updated Specifically for Primo 2.x:

And note this:
An additional benefit of using these packs in combination with the diMka skin for Primo2, is that you will have an additional "Properties" selection for each individual POI in the Place Markers settings so that you can set the displayed map screen icon for it to any of the vast array of choices contained in the pack.
But that's just my opinion..I could be wrong.
Y.T.
Primo2.4 PrimoAndroid TomTomAndroid
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby exflyboy » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:42 am

Thanks YT, went through the jumbofiles lottery and have downloaded the suggested file. Will have a play later and have a look.
exflyboy offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core