Change POI icons   

Change POI icons

Postby KOsmix » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:39 pm

I have a Mio Spirit 480 (Win CE 6) unlocked with Visual, iGO Primo 1.2 V9.2.0.191493 (11 May 2011). Does anyone know how to change the standard POI icons? Example: If a have a standard icon for the gas station I want to change this with the company logo (similar to the icons displayed on POI plaza). I guess it's something related to the branding.zip but I don't know how exactly I can perform this operation.
Thank you.
KOsmix offline

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:01 pm

KOsmix wrote:Does anyone know how to change the standard POI icons?

There are many ways. Easy and complex. The easiest is to change to the Stancy Branding for Primo 1.2 after which you will find you have loads of branded POI icons and loads to choose from.
Just backup your current branding.zip, then delete it from your Primo folder and put the new one in it's place. Sometimes it is also recommended to put/replace poi_visiblities.txt in your Save folder. If this file is included in the latest download below, do that.
13.31 MB
[Please Register or Login to download file]
Thanks to Stancy for the link.

[color="red"]PS. This particular download is for 480x272 resolution screens only. If any reading this have other than 480x272, you will need a different branding.zip--you can Google for it.[/color]
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby chas521 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:22 pm

Yurbuh Tuggly wrote:There are many ways. Easy and complex. The easiest is to change to the Stancy Branding for Primo 1.2 after which you will find you have loads of branded POI icons and loads to choose from.
Just backup your current branding.zip, then delete it from your Primo folder and put the new one in it's place. Sometimes it is also recommended to put/replace poi_visiblities.txt in your Save folder. If this file is included in the latest download below, do that.
13.31 MB
[Please Register or Login to download file]
Thanks to Stancy for the link.

[color="red"]PS. This particular download is for 480x272 resolution screens only. If any reading this have other than 480x272, you will need a different branding.zip--you can Google for it.[/color]

Is this only for Europe or is it for NA also? I took a look at the included .txt and I don't recognize many of the names. NA icons can be changed very easily in iGO8.
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Yurbuh Tuggly » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:04 pm

chas521 wrote:Is this only for Europe or is it for NA also? I took a look at the included .txt and I don't recognize many of the names. NA icons can be changed very easily in iGO8.

"Stancy" is from a European (East Europe, I think) country, so many of the POI icons and brands are Euro-centric. However, many brands and icons are common with North America (Fast Food, some gas stations, etc), so it can be used there as well with some degree of success. And certainly, those with the proper skills can edit the files to include even more 'local' icons. It's pretty easy once you figure out the structure. I doubt it would work in iGO 8x though <<<---just guessing here.
Yurbuh Tuggly offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby chas521 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:09 pm

Yurbuh Tuggly wrote:" I doubt it would work in iGO 8x though <<<---just guessing here.

I think that you are very correct about it working in iGO8. If someone downloads MY iGO8, the icons are there. Also, those Stancy icons aren't really valuable in NA. Good find though.

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby chas521 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:58 pm

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about iGO core