Post a reply

Cant run iGO8 on Navman iCN 720

Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:12 am

Hi, I am trying to run a basic version of iGO8 on a friends navman icn 720. I have done this before and I have unlocked it following this [Please Register or Login to download file] . But everytime I try to launch iGO8 it gives me an error "iGO8.exe is not a valid windows CE application".
On the back it says the icn720 runs Windows CE 5 Core.
And here's some information I have harvested from the system

Processor > ARM920T - PXA27x
Memory > 53756 RAM

I have tried many different SD cards even the one from my icn520. U get the same error. Something else must be wrong with the device..Its strange because the spesifications and Windows CE5 that the icn 720 has exceeds my icn520 and should be enough to run a basic version of iGO8. I have run the same version of igo8 and some more programs on my smaller icn 520.

can somebody please help me? I actually for a link to this forum from fatboyfun who helped me with my icn520, he did mention some kind of compression but I tried that and it didnt help. He currently seems to be busy with some work so I thought I should come here and start a topic instead of waiting over at ..., since I wasn't getting much help there..

Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:21 am

The sd card isn't the problem, I'll be around properly later to help, first time in days!

EDIT: This is the correct procedure for upxshell...

http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=7931

Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:28 pm

hey fatboy, so I tried that with UPX Shell, After 2.92b, then copied the iGO8 folder to my sd card and started the program throuh navman, The iGO8.exe launches but only for a second, then cuts back to windows ce (crashes back to windows?) Something is making things not work in Windows CE5 of this navman icn720? :7:

Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:36 pm

2 things come into my mind:
- the licenses but I suppose they are alright
- the resolution. What resolution is the navman? 480x272? What resolutions are in data.zip (just look in it - do NOT unzip) Does sys.txt set a wrong resolution? Did you delete the save folder or did you just copy the entire iGO from the 520 (320x240)? Then first delete the save folder before trying anything else.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:44 pm

Hi nabi,

- yes the licenses are there but not sure if something is missing (it ran on my icn520 so I would think they are okay)

- the resolution, ummmm...ah..I am not sure it is larger then the icn520, so maybe 480 x 272 as you say. I cant see any resolutions inside data.zip?

sys.txt doesn't mention a res but it says this..
[sound]
ding=0
queue_length=200

[gps]
Port=2
Baud=4800

[debug]

skip_eula=1

[speedcam]
enable_at_startup=1

Where is the save folder? I just formater the memory card, then unzipped afresh copy of iGO8 from the zip I downloaded then copied the iGo8 folder to my sd card and then installed and tried to run it from the navman.

edit... I have just found the save folder inside the iGO8 folder, I deleted it and tried to launch iGO8.exe, same results. I reset the device and the save folder comes back again..

Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:26 pm

The save folder is automatically created by igo, so that is normal. But when the save folder originally belongs to a different device iGo can not work properly since most or all settings are basically wrong.
In data.zip there should be a folder called ui_igo8 or similar. In it are folders that indicate a resolution like [480_272]. Again, do not unzip the original! Copy (not move) it to a safe place on PC and unzip there.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:49 pm

Yes, the 480_272 folder is present inside ui_igo8...

what now..?

Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:20 pm

Add these lines to your sys.txt

[interface]
skin="ui_igo8"
resolution_dir="480_272"
vga=0

[rawdisplay]
screen_x=480
screen_y=272

These lines will force the resolution, though they should be not needed at all. If that is not triggering iGo to start, we might look at the licenses. That is if iGO fails to start immediately, resolution issues and license issues are the most common. At least the non-windows-application error is solved.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:41 pm

The version of iGO i sent you for the other device was a extreme minimal build for lower powered but later mio/navman devices, the navman icn720 should be able to handle a bit more...

http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?6880-Igo8-March-16-2011

This was built by fellow mod chas521.

You will need to compress the exefile as before, and check the sys.txt for the resolution entries as suggested by nabi.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:06 am

You guys aren't going to believe this but its doing the same thing again. Launches then cuts off after a second at INT APP on corner of the screen :(

i don't get whats wrong with it...license issue?

Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:09 am

Navcan wrote:You guys aren't going to believe this but its doing the same thing again. Launches then cuts off after a second at INT APP on corner of the screen :(

i don't get whats wrong with it...license issue?

Nope. Licenses usually refer to content. I'm pretty sure that what you're experiencing is a resolution problem. Well, 90% sure.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:17 am

really? okay so..how do you fix it?

I copied the sys text nabi gave me too..:think:

Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:34 am

What are the specs of your device please?

EDIT: OK, resolution is 480_272.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:38 am

Did you try my program suggested in post #9? It's made for your res.

Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:59 am

yes I have download and using it, http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?6880-Igo8-March-16-2011

so What do I put in the sys.txt file, do I delete everything inside and paste nabi's edit?
Post a reply