Cant Boot From SD Card   

Cant Boot From SD Card

Postby lostboy2 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:01 am

I have this Binatone U605 sat nav what i would like to run Primo Truck from.. Made my ini file and put the path \SDMMC\MobileNavigator\MobileNavigator.exe. The exe file was originally called Primo what i did try on the ini path with no joy so changed them both to MobileNavigator. I was presuming i would at least get as far as the Primo flash/start screen then take my sys.txt from there. I notice since last using Binatone (Years ago) the software has changed. Its now N drive and to be honest its way more pleasing on the eye and i would keep using it but i need Europe maps and i am not paying over 40 quid for them. I am trying to get Primo Truck running from SD. I dont need truck but i mostly drive tall camper van so would like the ability to put the dimensions in.

Any pointers or anyone did this on the same sat nav?

Cheers

Quick Edit

This is WinCE6. My last play with Binatones were 5. Could this be the issue?
lostboy2 offline

Re: Cant Boot From SD Card

Postby lostboy2 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:04 am

OH, SD is formated to FAT32. I noticed this Ndrive has Tom Tom maps installed. Would it be easier trying to get the TT Europe maps into the thing or would i have a licence issue? Also what is the best way to get into the sat nav to read/see the files as i would be just as happy trying to back up the rom and installing Primo direct if possible.
lostboy2 offline

Postby rcv64 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:17 am

lostboy2 wrote:OH, SD is formated to FAT32. I noticed this Ndrive has Tom Tom maps installed. Would it be easier trying to get the TT Europe maps into the thing or would i have a licence issue? Also what is the best way to get into the sat nav to read/see the files as i would be just as happy trying to back up the rom and installing Primo direct if possible.

Copy the kit to the card as MobileNavigator \ MobileNavigator.exe. Create a Notepad application with a txt extension to add
\ SDMMC \ MobileNavigator \ MobileNavigator.exe,  save it then rename the shell and change its extension from .txt to .ini.
  This file is copied to the root of the card next to the MobileNavigator folder.
rcv64 offline

Postby lostboy2 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:57 am

Sorry rcv64 i thought i had said. I did that. When you open the card all i have on it is the INI file and MobilNavigator folder. I notice you put gaps in the path you wrote. I did not so could this be an issue?
lostboy2 offline

Postby rcv64 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:37 am

My colleague, sorry the mistakes of writing, my English is dust ....
rcv64 offline

Postby lostboy2 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:15 pm

rcv64 wrote:My colleague, sorry the mistakes of writing, my English is dust ....

No problem mate, thanks for your impute anyway. Ill presume it cant be done on this unit as i cant find any info. Lots say wince6 path on the ini file is the same but not mine. Ill look into scrubbing the ROM and see if i can do it that way.

:023:
lostboy2 offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core