Building Primo 1.2 for trucks need some guidance   

Building Primo 1.2 for trucks need some guidance

Postby danny27404 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:21 am

Ok so i decided that someone needs to drive attention to getting a SD card ready Primo truck set up.

Low bridge and weight limit re-routing: Done
Speed Camera showing and alerts: Done
OverSpeeding: Fail
Showing low bridges and weight limits when not planned/planned: Fail

I need help here if i set the nav to car the road speed comes up in KM/H despite setting unit to MPH now the GPS speed is fine showing at mph or km/h so i need the road speed limit to show in mph.

If i set the unit to truck NO road speed limits are shown just get the -- as in no info for road speed limit. and having it show in MPH would better seen as we run in MPH in UK.

I need the unit to show either as poi or something the bridge heights approx 1mile infront to the left or right as mainly this is to ensure the route you follow is avoiding low bridges or if your taken of the road due to a closure and you follow the diversion signs which are not always truck friendly you can see the problem well before you hit it.

I hope this makes sense cheers guys/gals.
danny27404 offline

Postby nabi » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:38 pm

Yes it makes sense.
First of all: where do you live? Truckers info is only available in Europe.
And there is more: http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?2422-Confused-about-the-new-(Europe)-map-files
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby danny27404 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:55 pm

Im in the uk i have the tele atlas q4 2010 with Truck Info and finally i got to the bottom of the speed issue.... the unit switches to different settings i cant seem to find at the minute give me a few hours ill find them lol where it seems to look in the ftr file for everything speed the lot which is really dumb as the FTR file only contains navigation extras. So now to try other map makers shame you cant split the files up and merge everything into 1 file as i think that would solve the problem.
danny27404 offline

Postby danny27404 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:24 pm

UPDATE :- Works Great UK and France (Been testing it over there yesterday and today) the reason it doesn't show speed on Dual Carriage-Ways and Motorways is because the truck cannot reach the limit because they are limited to less than the actual limit.

However and this is beyond my expertise maybe someone can help and that is to get the software to use the speed recognition for CARS and not the TI file for trucks this way the speed limit is always shown and you don't need to wait for TI file updates only map updates for changes of speed limits as low bridges and restricted roads very rarely change.

Speed limit for cars in the UK is totally wrong in MPH it shows the correct speed in KM eg 120mph <-Correct if it was in KPH setting however its not you switch mode to KPH and the speed jumps to 180kph. Either a system file is wrong somewhere or the maps screwed any ideas would help greatly. I am using q4 2010 tele atlas maps if it helps anyone.

So apart from these little bugs this baby uses low memory usage NO hnr files pointless to be honest just takes a little longer cross border route planning.

Once i/we have ironed out these other bugs i need someone to upload this for me im a truck driver long haul and i do not have time to keep ontop of dead links etc but i am sure my work on this will be apreciated.
danny27404 offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core