boot up into Primo?   

boot up into Primo?

Postby ak47clown » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:56 pm

I'm trying to configure my C320 so that it'll boot right into Igo Primo rather than have to go through an unlock interface and select it. Does anyone know how i can accomplish this?
ak47clown offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:13 am

Chas521 is the man to ask as he has this exact device.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby chas521 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:32 am

ak47clown wrote:I'm trying to configure my C320 so that it'll boot right into Igo Primo rather than have to go through an unlock interface and select it. Does anyone know how i can accomplish this?

Let me explain it this way. If you look at one of my signature lines, you'll see that I have more than one navigation program on my device. The reason that I did it this is because sometimes one navigation program is more direct than another when there is a time problem. This doesn't mean than I am constantly checking with more than one. It's just nice to know that I have that option.

That being said, now let me address your question. Yes, you could have the C320 go right into Primo but that would require you to delete the MioMap 3.3 and some other things. All in all, probably not a good idea because you might be deleting something that makes your device work. Plus if you're trying to save space just remember that you have to also include maps and POIs, etc. Thus, my suggestion is to keep things the way they presently are with Mio files/folders on the internal flash drive and the extra navs/contents on the SD card. As I always say, if it ain't broke don't fix it!
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby ak47clown » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:10 am

Thanks for the response Chas-i appreciate the insight and understand the rationale behind what you're saying but hear me out:
you say-"if it ain't broke don't fix it" But consider this: any of my friends that have a gps unit will turn them on when they get into the car-the unit will boot up, come to some sort of menu, and they can then enter an address they want to go to. They don't have to select which software they want to use or wait additional time for miopocket to load. When i've got friends in my car and they see what i have to go through to get my gps going, they always ask why don't you just get a garmin or tomtom? honestly, i'm on the verge of getting one. The gps is broke and i do want to fix it-i'm not looking for any special bells and whistles-i just want to turn my gps on and be able to enter in an address. Again, it's great to be able to put 5 different types of nav software on this gps but in the real world, i only need one and i need it to work well...
ak47clown offline

Postby Downunder35m » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:39 am

I don't really know what the problem with pressing a button is...
For me, someone that needs a GPS to turn on when he starts the car is either always parking in secure car parks or just waiting for someone to smash a window and steal the GPS.
I'm pretty sure Chas can help you to get working the way you want, but all that effort just to avoid pushing a button?
Forum rules

[Please Register or Login to download file]

If you find broken links or missing attachments in my postings, please send me PM
Password for all my files: downunder
Downunder35m offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby Fatboyfun » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:17 am

Is it possible to just suspend rather than turn off your device?
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby chas521 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:55 pm

ak47clown wrote:Thanks for the response Chas-i appreciate the insight and understand the rationale behind what you're saying but hear me out:
you say-"if it ain't broke don't fix it" But consider this: any of my friends that have a gps unit will turn them on when they get into the car-the unit will boot up, come to some sort of menu, and they can then enter an address they want to go to. They don't have to select which software they want to use or wait additional time for miopocket to load. When i've got friends in my car and they see what i have to go through to get my gps going, they always ask why don't you just get a garmin or tomtom? honestly, i'm on the verge of getting one. The gps is broke and i do want to fix it-i'm not looking for any special bells and whistles-i just want to turn my gps on and be able to enter in an address. Again, it's great to be able to put 5 different types of nav software on this gps but in the real world, i only need one and i need it to work well...

I understand your frustration but I'll tell you where you went wrong. Don't misunderstand but although MioPocket is an excellent unlock program it is far too bloated with unnecessary elements for me and thus wastes a lot of time loading up to finally give you the opportunity to get to the nav. That's why I helped create with Xtyler92 an unlock that is fast and requires very little time to open everything up. Plus it does not add anything to the registry like MP does. It is the one I use for every nav on my Mio C320. Here's the link to the unlock [I would use it if I were you-you'll like it much better I'm sure] http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?3290-My-3.3-internal-Flash-drive-with-the-Mio-unlock-already-contained

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby FullScreen57 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:57 pm

chas521 wrote:That's why I helped create with Xtyler92 an unlock that is fast and requires very little time to open everything up. Plus it does not add anything to the registry like MP does. It is the one I use for every nav on my Mio C320. Here's the link to the unlock [I would use it if I were you-you'll like it much better I'm sure] http://www.navitotal.com/forums/show...eady-contained

Do what Chas521 says!!!!! I have been using Xtyler92 and Chas521's unlocks since a long time and on both my Mio C310x and C320. Hands down, they have been the simplest, fastest and lean unlocks I have seen (with all due respect to MioPocket)
FullScreen57 offline

Postby ak47clown » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:58 pm

Thanks! I downloaded the unlock and you're right-it is a lot quicker. I did end up making a minor modification, however. Rather than a secondary menu for the Nav N go versions, I simply added primo to the main menu. Thanks for the help though!
ak47clown offline

Postby chas521 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:29 am

ak47clown wrote:Thanks! I downloaded the unlock and you're right-it is a lot quicker. I did end up making a minor modification, however. Rather than a secondary menu for the Nav N go versions, I simply added primo to the main menu. Thanks for the help though!

:thumbup: We'll help when we can but the modification for your device and wishes come from you.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about iGO core