Binatone F430 (Win CE 6.0) - Want to run iGo Primo?   

Binatone F430 (Win CE 6.0) - Want to run iGo Primo?

Postby ninj4z » Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:19 am

Hello all,

I've got myself a Binatone F430 which runs Win CE 6.0 as stated on the box.

Ordered and awaiting a 2GB SD card in the post but want to get all the files in order ready to be loaded when my SD drops through the letterbox.

So far I've downloaded the iGo Primo provided by chas521:
http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?1728-Working-Primo-from-my-device

Not too sure if that is the latest version available and what else I need in addition to the iGo program I've downloaded so far.

I've been trying to download the UK & ROI content pack and speedcam provided by Fatboyfun but cant seem to download the file, as it doesn't transfer to multiupload once it has reached 100%.
http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?6824-UK-amp-ROI-Content-pack.

Are there any other files which would give me the latest UK maps or do I have to download a Europe pack which seems very large in size and unsure which map to go for.

If I obtain all the above, am I ready to transfer the downloaded content onto my SD card?

Does all the above need to be in a folder or can it go straight onto the SD card.

Last question, I've read in some places about a Shell.ini file which I have no idea about.

Thanks in advance, willing to read through links provided to get my own issues solved, just need some direction :)
ninj4z offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:13 pm

Welcome to Navitotal :D

The latest version of iGO Primo is here

The host for the UK and ROI content pack is down, try again later or go here, Unfortunately you'll need to download the whole of Europe, but each country is a separate file so you can just have UK and ROI on your device.

The SHELL.ini file tells the device to run something other than the original software, It is just a text file with the path to the new software inside...

\SDMMC\Primo2\Primo.exe <-Check path is correct. SDMMC is what your device calls the SD card, Open the card on your PC using a card reader and copy the Primo2 folder (with the Primo.exe inside it, not another folder) onto it.

Save the file as SHELL.ini, make sure there is no .txt on the end and place it the root of the SD card.

Restart your device and if you've done it correctly the new software will start when you tap Navigation, If not then check the path inside is correct and that the filename is correct.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby ninj4z » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:43 pm

Thanks for the welcome Fatboyfun

Downloading the newest version right now.

The old Primo I downloaded, having read a tutorial somewhere, do I still have to rename the new version to MobileNavigator as the name of the folder and the .exe to MobileNavigator.exe?

I managed to get a full Europe pack earlier, the UK files are:
Building folder has 1 .3dc file
Map folder has 3 files (.ftr .fbl and .fda)
Phoneme has 1 .ph file
POI has 1 .poi file
Speedcam has speedcam.spdb and SpeedcamUpdates.spdb
TMC folder has UnitedKingdom-ITIS.tmc and UnitedKingdom-TrafficMaster.tmc

Are all the above required to be moved to the Primo2 Content folder as some files are big and there are 3 maps for UK with different file types.

The SHELL.ini file, would that be inside the Primo2 folder or out the folder?

Hopefully one last question, does the Binatone need to be switched on/plugged into the PC at which point I slot in the SD Card and restart?

Thanks ever so much for your help, I'll have dreams of iGo Primo tonight :yahoo:
ninj4z offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:06 am

ninj4z wrote:The old Primo I downloaded, having read a tutorial somewhere, do I still have to rename the new version to MobileNavigator as the name of the folder and the .exe to MobileNavigator.exe?

Some earlier Binatone devices ignore the SHELL.ini file and just look for MobileNavigator\MobileNavigator.exe, Yours doesn't, just type the path into SHELL.ini

ninj4z wrote:I managed to get a full Europe pack earlier, the UK files are:
Building folder has 1 .3dc file
Map folder has 3 files (.ftr .fbl and .fda)
Phoneme has 1 .ph file
POI has 1 .poi file
Speedcam has speedcam.spdb and SpeedcamUpdates.spdb
TMC folder has UnitedKingdom-ITIS.tmc and UnitedKingdom-TrafficMaster.tmc

See here

Delete the Speedcam.spdb and SpeedcamUpdates.spdb as these will be created by your device

ninj4z wrote:Are all the above required to be moved to the Primo2 Content folder as some files are big and there are 3 maps for UK with different file types.

The only required file is the map (.FBL) Everything else is optional, Just start with the map, add other files later, Too much content on a new install creates problems.

ninj4z wrote:The SHELL.ini file, would that be inside the Primo2 folder or out the folder?

In the SD card root, ie, outside the folder.

ninj4z wrote:Hopefully one last question, does the Binatone need to be switched on/plugged into the PC at which point I slot in the SD Card and restart?

There is no reason to plug the device into the PC, Everything is done on the card, Removing the SD card and rebooting restores the device to default.

ninj4z wrote:Thanks ever so much for your help, I'll have dreams of iGo Primo tonight :yahoo:

No problem, You will however need to tweak the Primo app to find the GPS hardware on your device, Add this (or edit if it's already there) to the sys.txt using Notepad on your PC...

[gps]
Port=7
Baud=57600
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Magnu420 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:16 am

may i just add it might be an idea to use a card reader then using active sync thru pc
card reader is quicker
Magnu420 offline

Postby ninj4z » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:09 pm

Thanks for all the replies Fatboyfun to my questions.

I am having difficulty in trying to get the iGo to run when I tap on Navigation, it seems to always load the Binatone software?

The sys.txt file which came with the latest iGo Primo has been altered as suggested and this is what it consists of now:
[gps]
port=7
baud=57600

[debug]
skip_eula=1
experimental_features=1

[folders]
has_secondary_root=0

[interface]
show_exit=1
extra_settings=1

[other]
demo_enabled=0

[vr]
disabled=0

However the latest iGo software had a Read Me Sys.txt file which advised to insert the following if the software doesn't load:
[gps]
port=2
baud=57600
source="nmea"

[interface]
resolution_dir="480_272"
vga=0

[tmc]
show_tmc=1
port="COM,1"
baud=38400
source="gns"

[rawdisplay]
screen_x=800
screen_y=480
class="landscape"

The only things I have done is:
- Copied the Primo2 folder which has a Primo2 application in there, should this be named (Primo2.exe), as .exe files are never labelled in that manner right?

- Copied the .fbl UK map to the map folder which has the basemap.fbl in it

- On the root of the SD card, created a Notepad file named SHELL.ini with the following written in it: \SDMMC\Primo2\Primo2.exe

I've had the Binatone switched on after the above was done, taken the SD card out the PC and put it in the Binatone, switched it off and started again, tapped on Navigation and Binatone software loads.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Any help appreciated :)
ninj4z offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:40 pm

ninj4z wrote:[gps]
port=7
baud=57600

[debug]
skip_eula=1
experimental_features=1

[folders]
has_secondary_root=0

[interface]
show_exit=1
extra_settings=1

[other]
demo_enabled=0

[vr]
disabled=0

This is all you need in the sys.txt, nothing more.

ninj4z wrote:Copied the Primo2 folder which has a Primo2 application in there, should this be named (Primo2.exe), as .exe files are never labelled in that manner right?

Your SHELL.ini below is set up for Primo2.exe

ninj4z wrote:Copied the .fbl UK map to the map folder which has the basemap.fbl in it

Correct.

ninj4z wrote:On the root of the SD card, created a Notepad file named SHELL.ini with the following written in it: \SDMMC\Primo2\Primo2.exe

Correct.

ninj4z wrote:I've had the Binatone switched on after the above was done, taken the SD card out the PC and put it in the Binatone, switched it off and started again, tapped on Navigation and Binatone software loads.

Correct, 90% of the time it doesn't start because the SHELL.ini is wrong.

Confirm that the 2GB SD card is NOT SDHC.
Also confirm that your PC does not hide common file extensions and your SHELL.ini is really named SHELL.ini.txt with the .txt part hidden.
Lastly confirm that the Primo application folder is called Primo2 and the Primo executable is called Primo2.exe, No spaces anywhere.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby ninj4z » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:55 pm

In my control panel, a box is ticked which says Hide extensions for known file types.

When I created the txt file, i renamed it to SHELL.ini so that is what is shown in the folder however it remains a .txt file.

The folder for the software is named Primo2 and the application inside is actually named Primo2 (without the .exe at the end)

My SD card, not sure if it is a SDHC card, does have SDC written on it.
ninj4z offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:02 pm

ninj4z wrote:In my control panel, a box is ticked which says Hide extensions for known file types.

Untick the box, You can tick it again later if you wish.

ninj4z wrote:When I created the txt file, i renamed it to SHELL.ini so that is what is shown in the folder however it remains a .txt file.

Remove the .txt by renaming the file, Windows will complain about the file being unusable, ignore that.

ninj4z wrote:The folder for the software is named Primo2 and the application inside is actually named Primo2 (without the .exe at the end)

Rename Primo2 to Primo2.exe (Check the hide extensions for known file types first, Unticked)

ninj4z wrote:My SD card, not sure if it is a SDHC card, does have SDC written on it.

SDC = SD Card..? It would say SDHC if it was.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby ninj4z » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:14 pm

:dance_mini: Thank you very much Fatboyfun!

Unticked the box in folder options, removed .txt as instructed, plugged back in and it loaded no programs!

Your a star mate!

All this is new to me, dont even have a smartphone so sorry for all the hard work I put you through and your help is very appreciated!

How often do maps and programs change and could I stick to this for how ever long I want?

Thanks again and you may close the thread if you wish, not used the device to get signals and so on so knowing me, I might have more questions, hopefully no more fingers crossed!
ninj4z offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:27 pm

ninj4z wrote::dance_mini: Thank you very much Fatboyfun!

You're welcome :D

ninj4z wrote:How often do maps and programs change and could I stick to this for how ever long I want?

Officially there are four updates per year, (Per quarter) What we get is up to the releaser/uploaders, Updating maps is easy, just replace the .fbl file with a newer one.

ninj4z wrote:Thanks again and you may close the thread if you wish, not used the device to get signals and so on so knowing me, I might have more questions, hopefully no more fingers crossed!

I'll leave it open for a bit...

The device can take up to 30 minutes to get the first satellite lock.

There's plenty of enhancements available for Primo including skins and TTS Pro etc.
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby ninj4z » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:48 pm

Thanks for the link, would get too confused with skins and aint got a clue what TTS is.

Just trying to hunt down UK only speedcams, got the whole Europe speedcams but read somewhere it aint a good idea to have this file when only using UK only speedcams.
ninj4z offline

Postby Magnu420 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:53 pm

TTS is text to speech which tells you the road name and direct you

edit
have you check here for speed cam http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?7800-PGPSW-26-10-11-UK-Zoned-Speedcams
Magnu420 offline

Postby ninj4z » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:02 pm

Checked for UK only speedcams, came across that link but seems like the server is down.

Also TTS, do I just need to find a voice file? Have a folder in Primo called tts_nua_v5, but its empty.

If theres more required, I wont want to bother more members for help, the simple navigation is fine, been running TomTom Navigator 6 on a Nokia N80 till today, I'm way in the past!
ninj4z offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:27 pm

[Please Register or Login to download file]

See here for TTS Pro

You can ask as many questions as you like...
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Next

Return to General Discussions about iGO core