Becker Traffic Assist Z205 - updating/modding for dummies   

Becker Traffic Assist Z205 - updating/modding for dummies

Postby Lause » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:06 pm

I got my hands on a Becker Traffic Assist Z205, with maps from 2011, so they are quite old and theres been a lot happening on streets and roads around here in the past two years... Got a new highway around the corner, I would like to be able to find it on the Becker;).

I have read a few threads about Becker devices, the ones I think fit to my device are some years old, so I'm posting a new thread.

I'm aware of the facts that Becker is running IGO and Navteq and that I have to have license and exe to fit together. But how?

I've DL'ed "Navteq Europe Q4 2012 - Direct download", can I use this on my device?

Also I've been thinking about updating/modding my Becker with truck software and maps, so i got the "iGO PRIMO Truck V2.0 & Navteq 2012.Q3 EUROPE", how about that, can I use this one to?

Bear in mind, I'm a complete newbie at this (have played a little around with Tomtom), so any tips or suggestions would be appreciated if explained step-by-step
Lause offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:31 pm

Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby user469 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 pm

Lause wrote:I got my hands on a Becker Traffic Assist Z205, with maps from 2011, so they are quite old and theres been a lot happening on streets and roads around here in the past two years... Got a new highway around the corner, I would like to be able to find it on the Becker;).

Bear in mind, I'm a complete newbie at this (have played a little around with Tomtom), so any tips or suggestions would be appreciated if explained step-by-step

The easiest way to start , just upload your current igo8.exe , i will find a version that will read new map .
user469 offline

Postby Lause » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:55 am

user469 wrote:The easiest way to start , just upload your current igo8.exe , i will find a version that will read new map .

Great! But how? Copy the exe and send it as attachment to you in PM?

Anyways, I managed to set up my Tomtom XL with truck software and maps, so I just would like to update the maps on the Becker (and if necessary the igo.exe), but if possible keep the Becker user interface.
Lause offline

Postby chas521 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:55 am

@Lause

Take a look here. All you might need to do is replace your license folder, the data.zip and/or the .exe. http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?12239-Becker-Z098 post #5
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby user469 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:54 am

@Lause

I dont think is possible to send a PM with the exe , could be that is too big , so use [Please Register or Login to download file] and post a link like this .

Spoiler: Show
[Please Register or Login to download file]
user469 offline

Postby Lause » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:24 pm

user469 wrote:@Lause

I dont think is possible to send a PM with the exe , could be that is too big , so use [Please Register or Login to download file] and post a link like this .

Spoiler: Show
[Please Register or Login to download file]

I'll do as soon as I can, right now I've got my TT One XL hanging on my USB-hub and it takes hours to get it to work (or days... Trying to install new Navcore and get new maps to get recognized).
TomTom One XL with Truck Navcore and Maps on SD-Card - TomTom XL - Becker Traffic Assist Z205 - Navigon 70 Premium with Truck/Caravan Software
Lause offline

Postby Lause » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:32 pm

I just managed to put a (skinned) Becker Active 50 version onto the internal memory of my TA Z205, along with Navteq 2012.Q4 EUROPA for iGO/Primo (R3), with a little help and a lot of reading from the German forum (thanks, Bernief!).

Works actually, with some minor glitches, and had to put some of the files from the original TA Z205-files in to the new. But runs fine.

I anyone is interested, I could try to help (if I can remember exactly what I did - but should be possible:thumbup:)

Links to the trhreads:

Active 50: [url=http://www.navitotal.de.com/showthread.php?4882-Becker-50-Active-gt-speziell-für-E4440-(inkl.-Truck-Profile)&highlight=becker]http://www.navitotal.de.com/showthread.php?4882-Becker-50-Active-gt-speziell-für-E4440-(inkl.-Truck-Profile)&highlight=becker[/url]

Maps: [url=http://www.navitotal.de.com/showthread.php?5723-Karten-Navteq-2012.Q4-EUROPA-für-iGO-Primo-(R3)]http://www.navitotal.de.com/showthread.php?5723-Karten-Navteq-2012.Q4-EUROPA-für-iGO-Primo-(R3)[/url]

Thanks to bernief and robotcop for this!

Also thaught about testing a Revo version, Jomar59 is offering, unfortunately only via PM for various reasons, bu he hasn't been online for a while, so he hasn't been able to read my PM.
TomTom One XL with Truck Navcore and Maps on SD-Card - TomTom XL - Becker Traffic Assist Z205 - Navigon 70 Premium with Truck/Caravan Software
Lause offline

Postby user469 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:40 pm

I've tried on my z098 many version , becker , primo1 , primo2 , revo .
I still prefer becker 8.3 or 8.5 or primo1 .
user469 offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core