Alpine INA-W910 - Aussie Mps PLEASE HELP   

Alpine INA-W910 - Aussie Mps PLEASE HELP

Postby westbourne » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:16 pm

hi guys can anyone tell me how update the maps on an INA-W910. I am in Australia and trying to add the Australian maps through the naviextras tool box. But i cant get the details of the INA-W910 to the sd card.....struggling....Any help would be appreciated. naviextra.com have the instructions of the INA-W910R (European version) I cant see the INA-W910 being much different to the INA-W910R. PLEASE PLEASE can some one help.

I think its an iGO8. I was able to find instructions on how to load the maps onto an exact model number INA-W910 but with an R at the end. The head units look identical, same features, same mapping and everything. According to ALPINE the W910 is a US version and the W910R is the european version.

when I try to follow the instructions, posted at:

[Please Register or Login to download file]
[Please Register or Login to download file]

I get stuck at the part where i need to Copy Device Information from INA-W910R to SD card

I you could help that would be much appreciated.

on this page [Please Register or Login to download file]
i cannot Copy Device Information from INA-W910R to SD card. I follow the instructions where it says:

Copy Device Information from INA-W910R to SD card

1. Power on INA-W910R by turning on the ignition. Allow the device to fully boot up, then select “MAP”
2. Press the eject button to allow you to insert the SD card into INA-W910R. Once the SD-Card is inserted close the monitor and select “MAP”.
3. Synctool starts up. Press the button “Collect device information”.
Please note that there is a 1 second response time for the buttons.
4. Press “OK” once Update or Backup successfully completed without errors.

I cannot get the unit to read the SD card for me to be able to copy the device information. However I'm successful doing everything else.

I prepared the SD card and everything etc

How can I access the flash memory of the device. I'm NOT worried about "bricking" my device!! its worthless to me without sat nav anyway

Now, in the Alpine user manual it states, under the header Inserting/Removing the SD Memory Card:

(Only for Updating the Navigation System)
You can update the software and map of navigation system by using an optional SD memory card. To insert and take out the SD memory card, follow the instructions below.

Now this tells me that SD card slot is there for cosmetic purposes only!!! as what is the point of having it if I cannot utilize it to update the maps, watch videos, view images or listen to music!!!

I have contacted the supplier, and they are saying that they are waiting for Alpine Tech Support, and I know that Alpine are so uncooperative, because I'm in Australia they dont want to deal with me and Alpine Australia dont want to deal with me because it is a US product!!
westbourne offline

Postby chas521 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:54 pm

Please do NOT duplicate posts. You already have this in Alpine. :think:
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby westbourne » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:49 pm

chas521 wrote:Please do NOT duplicate posts. You already have this in Alpine. :think:

That's true, but there has been a suggestion made from one of the members to try the iGo area of this forum!
westbourne offline

Postby nabi » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:35 pm

Hmm. It may be my English is not that good, but I don't think I said something like "repeat your question in the iGO forum". I think my words were more like "you find all iGO stuff in the iGo section". Not literally then.
Or maybe I am wrong after all and don't remember what I said :confused:
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby westbourne » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:36 pm

thats cool .. all i'm trying to do, with good intentions, is to find solution to my issue!

cheers
westbourne offline

Postby 2happy » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:02 am

"I have contacted the supplier, and they are saying that they are waiting for Alpine Tech Support, and I know that Alpine are so uncooperative, because I'm in Australia they dont want to deal with me and Alpine Australia dont want to deal with me because it is a US product!!"

Mate, I think you'll find that the Alpine loader file is region (country) specific.

In effect it will let you load whatever USA maps you want (with Mr Alpines update disk of course) BUT will NOT load anything else (NOT even an Alpine Aus update!!).

They do this to stop you doing exactly what you are trying to do - viz: get a cheaper HU from the states and under cut the Aussie dealers!!

Kenwood have a very similar arrangement with Garmin - in fact to update a kenwood you DL directly from the Garmin site = Alpine and DL from Naviextras!

So unless you can find someone who has hacked the boot loader to allow you direct access to the wince shell, then I don't think you have any show whatsoever.

Anyway, happy hunting! :scratch_one-s_head_
2happy offline

Return to General Discussions about iGO core