2DIN on iGO8.3.2 90500 POI crash   

2DIN on iGO8.3.2 90500 POI crash

Postby Armagedor » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:09 am

I have a 2Din Chinese head unit, i have been able to make the thing work with the latest tutorial for 2Dins with iGO8.3.2 90500, I'm using the Q4-2009 maps and POI. the problem I'm having is with POI i cannot use them cos some(or most) of them make the program crash and i have not been able to figure out how to fix the problem. I have used some 2008 POI in hopes to make it work, but i still have the same problem, so far i have identified gas station menu as completely crashing the program due to error not finding the "gas station" file.

I made this install from scratch, the program the unit came with was lost when i took the microSD card off to make a back up, never to see the card again before i was able to make the backup. I can use all of the functions that are important to me on the unit, including navigation and TTS. As mentioned before some of the categories on the POI make the program crash and i have no clue of why or how to fix it.

If any one has had the same problem, please share the fix. Thanks in advance
2DIN car nav
Q4-2009 Maps & TA Premium POI
Primo, iGO8 3.2.2 90500
POI not working
Armagedor offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby nabi » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:38 am

It seems to me your gas station file is corrupt. You have more POI files loaded?
Stick to the normal POI or Premium POI files.
I won't answer to any PM, so don't send me any
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby Armagedor » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:32 pm

as i said i tried previous version of the POI (what i could download) and the problem seems to be the same, i have unpacked the POI from the rar that i found in the map forum. and i have tried other links but they were all broken and yes i know how to use DLC. let me unrar the file again and give it a new try.

Thanks for the insight.
2DIN car nav
Primo, iGO8 3.2.2 90500
POI not working
Armagedor offline

Postby Armagedor » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:42 pm

i changed the files, and i still have issues with with parts of the POI not working and crashing IGO8
2DIN car nav
Primo, iGO8 3.2.2 90500
POI not working
Armagedor offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:51 pm

Can you post what any error messages say, like out of memory etc
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Armagedor » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:12 pm

example i have tried that give me an error message gas stations (that one fails from the start) gasstation.(something) was not found it pops 3 windows saying the same thing and the IGO crashes.
2DIN car nav
Primo, iGO8 3.2.2 90500
POI not working
Armagedor offline

Postby nabi » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:42 am

Thus only the gas stations POI file fails? Since you see that error messages, I suppose the files have the right extension and are in the right place.
Then the solution is not to use that file and/or search another one that works. I don't know if the normal POI for the US have gas stations, neither do I know if the premium POI file does. The US members should know, also where to get POI files. I see the links we have on this site are once again dead.
[Please Register or Login to download file] offers the latest maps and POI files for the US[Please Register or Login to download file]
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:49 am

Armagedor wrote:example i have tried that give me an error message gas stations (that one fails from the start) gasstation.(something) was not found it pops 3 windows saying the same thing and the IGO crashes.

What is the (something) bit?
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Armagedor » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:53 pm

I apologize but i sent the unit this morning out for replacement due to issues with its USB port, so i don't have the unit i cannot test until i get the new one back, (only getting a new head unit). But just for info i use the 2DIN build files + the navteq maps 2009 Q4 that i downloaded from here from the links on the main NA maps. By the way POI do work for certain menus, example airports work fine, but hotels are a hit and miss, going deeper into the menu causes a crash i have not tried anything else cos i already know it will probably crash.
2DIN car nav
Primo, iGO8 3.2.2 90500
POI not working
Armagedor offline

Postby chas521 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:03 pm

Armagedor wrote:I apologize but i sent the unit this morning out for replacement due to issues with its USB port, so i don't have the unit i cannot test until i get the new one back, (only getting a new head unit). But just for info i use the 2DIN build files + the navteq maps 2009 Q4 that i downloaded from here from the links on the main NA maps. By the way POI do work for certain menus, example airports work fine, but hotels are a hit and miss, going deeper into the menu causes a crash i have not tried anything else cos i already know it will probably crash.

These are the POIs you want for NY [Please Register or Login to download file] . They work fine with Navteq maps.

EDIT: FYI, they go into content\poi
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Armagedor » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:19 am

Thanks, i will try it when i get the new unit. i hope it's just the premium POI that the program is requiring
2DIN car nav
Primo, iGO8 3.2.2 90500
POI not working
Armagedor offline

Postby Fatboyfun » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:00 pm

If you still get the error let us know exactly what the error dialogue is, gasstation.(something) could be a data.zip/skin problem
Currently sleeping...
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Armagedor » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:04 am

Thanks, i will try with that, lets hope that is all. But i was not using any sking (default). I also managed to download the TA premium POI but cant test anything till the unit gets back to me. I just don't get how can it work only partially. By the way i was using NavTeq maps and POI
2DIN car nav
Primo, iGO8 3.2.2 90500
POI not working
Armagedor offline

Postby nabi » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:36 am

It doesn't matter if you use NavtEQ or TeleAtlas POI.
Rule of thumb is the bigger one is the most complete, and many users do even have the normal POI plus the Premium POI loaded. On the downside is some double POI shown. Me, I only have the Premiums here and I have no complaints about missing POI.
On the other side of the ocean, situation can differ, depending on the quality (content) of the POI file.
In your case, supposing all files were in the correct directory, I am guessing the Petrol POI was corrupt.
nabi offline

Ex Super Mod

Postby Armagedor » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:58 am

i just dont understand how is that the POI are corrupted on the gas stations on 2 different files, i have the 2008 (i imagine Q2) and the 2009 Q4 navteq, bout gave the same error. Im gonna try with teh premium TA 2010 Q2 POI when i get my unit back in arround 7 to 10 days (as they told me it was gonna take to get it replaced and shiped)
2DIN car nav
Primo, iGO8 3.2.2 90500
POI not working
Armagedor offline

Next

Return to General Discussions about iGO core