Where does Garmin direct ports ?   

Where does Garmin direct ports ?

Postby Ton » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:26 pm

Does somebody know where in the Garmin software (which file(s)) one can find (and change !) the COM-port Garmin is looking for to connect to the GPS device ?
I try to get Garmin working on my mio moov 500, but the problem seems to be that the port mio offers NMEA (COM 2) does not match with the port Garmin is looking for. Several attempts with port-splitter, gpsgate etc. did not succeed so far, so this is an attempt to get it done the other way around.
If there is a another way to manipulate Garmin by changing/adding something in a ini-, sys-, mscr-file to get the job done, I' ll be happy to hear so as well !
THX/Ton
Ton offline

Postby Black Wolf » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:16 pm

Please don't make double threads, you asked this question before in another thread, and i answered you with so much details, and you know that this isn't garmin xt developed for win ce devices, that this is cracked - modified version, and no options like in originally developed garmin xt for windows mobile where you can change program port or hardware port, in windows mobile, and garmin will recognize it or to use internet to initialize gps signal!

I will not tolerate next time making doubled posts! You can't "manually" change ports and baudrate in win ce embeded devices, cause on most of them manufacturer removed that options, just to protect his device for using with another applications!

Initializing gps signal for garmin xt for wince devices is just possible with some third party apps, port spliter, gpstest.exe, etc. and always is problem with some missing .dlls files!

Do you have toolhelp.dll in rungmxt folder , if you don't have, download it [Please Register or Login to download file]
I'm all what I'm not!

NO PM SUPPORT, All your questions, write to the FORUM!

USE BUTTON THANKS INSTEAD WRITING THANKS!!!
Black Wolf offline

User avatar Banned Users

Postby Ton » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:00 am

Sucro,
sorry for the double post, my aim was just to reach a broader audience.
I kind of solved the problem I had as follows.
PortSplitter input COM2 BAUD 57600 (manual inserted with de key-board) after setting COM0 as output port and after starting PortSplitter just close the window and start Garmin. If I stop PortSplitter, Garmin doesn' t work, no settings.dat file is created.
The challenge I have now, is that both iGO and TomTom do not find the gps-device any more, if I want to use iGO or TomTom, I first have to do a hard reset of my mio moov.
Now the question is: how to create the settings.dat file in which are the settings just for the use of Garmin are stored and which will be only activated if Garmin is started ?
Any suggestions are welcome !
THX/Ton
Ton offline

Postby Black Wolf » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:13 am

Not important, doubled threads aren't allowed, and for that somebody can be banned! Read rules of this forum! For everbody his problem is most important, and that's not reason to make 1000 post for same problem, on that way sombody will not get faster answer, just can be ignored or banned!

Really if you read with attention, i suggested it that too, for manual executing por splitter and manual setting port and baudrate, you had solution before, but you didn't read that, and didn't try! You can't do that, you can't have all in same time :) "money and solutions.." , you have to decide what you want to use, garmin or igo8, etc.. There is not problem just with settings file, garmin request always initializing port, and in this way port splitter do that, and you can change it, cause that isn't oficially garmin xt version like many time is written here!

Please learn once forever for thanks to use button thanks, i'm tired for writting this 100x!!!
I'm all what I'm not!

NO PM SUPPORT, All your questions, write to the FORUM!

USE BUTTON THANKS INSTEAD WRITING THANKS!!!
Black Wolf offline

User avatar Banned Users

Postby kkhawxp » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:24 pm

where to donwload new version of port splitter .t.k for reply me.
kkhawxp offline

Return to General Discussions about Garmin