used LM55 files to update my dezl 560 - no junction view!   

used LM55 files to update my dezl 560 - no junction view!

Postby vassock » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:43 am

I keep a nuvi 55LM around so I can get map updates. I deleted the gmapprom and jcv files on my dezl and copied the gmapprom and jcv files from the 55lm to the dezl. I used Protected Garmin file toolkit_2254_x64 to unlock the map on the dezl and afterwards it seemed to work fine. However, in the junction view split screen, the right side of the screen (that's supposed to show the junction) appears blank. Any way to fix this?
vassock offline

Re: used LM55 files to update my dezl 560 - no junction view

Postby GarmanNuvi » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:08 am

vassock wrote:I keep a nuvi 55LM around so I can get map updates. I deleted the gmapprom and jcv files on my dezl and copied the gmapprom and jcv files from the 55lm to the dezl. I used Protected Garmin file toolkit_2254_x64 to unlock the map on the dezl and afterwards it seemed to work fine. However, in the junction view split screen, the right side of the screen (that's supposed to show the junction) appears blank. Any way to fix this?

nuvi 55 junction view is not the same as photoReal junction view for your dezl 560
If you are using N.Amerca 2021.20 maps you need
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

Postby vassock » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:23 am

GarmanNuvi wrote:
vassock wrote:I keep a nuvi 55LM around so I can get map updates. I deleted the gmapprom and jcv files on my dezl and copied the gmapprom and jcv files from the 55lm to the dezl. I used Protected Garmin file toolkit_2254_x64 to unlock the map on the dezl and afterwards it seemed to work fine. However, in the junction view split screen, the right side of the screen (that's supposed to show the junction) appears blank. Any way to fix this?

nuvi 55 junction view is not the same as photoReal junction view for your dezl 560
If you are using N.Amerca 2021.20 maps you need
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Downloading now. Seems to have worked, thanks! Can't test in practice since not outside, but at least in the list of turns view if I select a turn with a junction, it does show up on the right side of the split screen as an image.

Also, besides copying Locales.xml, gmaptz.img, TrafficProvider.xml, gmapprom.img, gmapprom.gma, and gmapprom.unl, along with the jcv file you provided, do I need to do anything else?
vassock offline

Postby GarmanNuvi » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:31 am

You can check junction view in simulation mode
Locales.xml, gmaptz.img, TrafficProvider.xml can all be updated with Garmin Express even if you don't have Lifetime maps
So are you OK with just the Lower 49 States ?
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

Postby vassock » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:21 am

GarmanNuvi wrote:So are you OK with just the Lower 49 States ?
The dezl seems to have plenty of onboard space for the lower 49. When I'm using the LM55 to pull maps for my other (less used, backup devices) devices like 260W, I put a dummy file on my 55LM to use up some disk space - that way the Express updater offers my the option to pull the Northeast USA version of the map and that works fine for me as well since I never really travel outside of that.

But yes, for the dezl the 49 states is all I need.
vassock offline

Return to General Discussions about Garmin