Upload gmapprom to garmin streetpilot 2720   

Upload gmapprom to garmin streetpilot 2720

Postby skystar » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:45 am

I'm trying to upload a new unlocked gmapprom Europe 2011.1 image to my garmin streetpilot 2720. All goes well till about 5 minutes before the end. The program gives a communication error and stops uploading. When I look in the garmin the map is present only when trying to navigate and entering an adress it can't search the map? I'm working with the patched version 6.16.1 and maps open. The image I made is also made by mapsource 6.16.1 and further unlocked by unlocker 5.2.
What am I doing wrong or why won't it sent the map completely to my Garmin.

Skystar
skystar offline

Postby Black Wolf » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:37 pm

Find here on forum unlocked .img, and just copy-paste it in garmin folder on your device. For your case can be many reasons, bad usb connection, usb cable, usb port, bad cracked mapsource , etc. it's dependent from many things...

To make this faster, use what i suggest you above...
I'm all what I'm not!

NO PM SUPPORT, All your questions, write to the FORUM!

USE BUTTON THANKS INSTEAD WRITING THANKS!!!
Black Wolf offline

User avatar Banned Users

Postby skystar » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:52 pm

Thanks but that's NOTworking. I already have those. It is a Garmin Streetpilot 2720, I can't see the mapstructure of the Garmin itself. Before I used a dos command to upload the maps, now i'm using the same dos command but somehow it refuses to upload the complete map. My quess is the new GMA file which I haven't in my gmapprom image. I will hold my horses till a final solution is there. In the meantime I use the 2010.3 image which is the last I can upload without problems.

Skystar
skystar offline

Postby Black Wolf » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:25 am

OK, you can try for looking structure with using some ove linux distributon, or other way, you can uplod it on this way, using DOS command

C:\Garmin\WebUpdater\WebUpdater.exe /upload_file RGN=49 path=C:\garmin\gmapprom.img -autorun usb /unlock_check fid=2204 pid = 1 /i

2204 is ID of CN NT 2011, you'll need garmin tool webupated installed on your machine

[Please Register or Login to download file]

And don't forget to rename your img file in to GMAPPROM.IMG cause this is a PRIMARY file, and if you send GMAPSUPP it will not overwrite existing gmapprom.img file which you sent it before on your device, and then is problem with that error, probably low disk space!

YOu can try with these 2 tools for sending img files to garmin devices...

p.s.
to test this thing, make smaller .img file with mapsource, about 50 mb, install before garmin mobile pc, and send that file to gamin mobile pc, unlock that generated .img file, renam to gmapprom.img, and after that, using dos command , that 50 mb file try to send to your device, just to check is there problem with disk space! What's capacity of internal hdd of your device - 2GB ?
I'm all what I'm not!

NO PM SUPPORT, All your questions, write to the FORUM!

USE BUTTON THANKS INSTEAD WRITING THANKS!!!
Black Wolf offline

User avatar Banned Users

Return to General Discussions about Garmin