StreetPilot c340   

StreetPilot c340

Postby DEJeepBrat » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:28 am

Hoping someone owns this old Garmin GPS and has successfully updated it?

I have a StreetPilot C340 and can't figure out how to put a new map on it as it doesn't show up on my computer's harddrive when connected via USB.

My Win 10's Device Manager lists "Garmin" and I have a few random empty folders on my drive with Garmin mentioned, but Garmin doesn't show up in Disk Management.

I've read everything I could via Google to solve the problem & nothing I've tried worked.

Anyone?
DEJeepBrat offline

Re: StreetPilot c340

Postby DEJeepBrat » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:28 am

Since I can't view my StreetPilot c340's directory structure via USB connection on my PC, I put a blank SD card into the GPS unit hoping to add the new map onto it, following directions from
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=4201

Installed Basecamp v4.6.2 & won't run since it says it needs a newer version.

Installed Mapsource v6.16.3 & it doesn't have my CN North America NT 2018.10-Lower 49 States listed. If I try to open the gmapsupp.img it says it's the wrong type of file.

I then put the directory and it's map into my PC's:
C:\ProgramData\GARMIN\maps\CN North America NT 2018.10-Lower 49 States\GMAPSUPP.IMG

and Mapsource still doesn't see it/won't list it to add it saying it's not the correct type file.

Sure don't know what I'm doing wrong here. :(
DEJeepBrat offline

Re: StreetPilot c340

Postby B1ng0 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:43 am

DEJeepBrat wrote:........
Sure don't know what I'm doing wrong here. :(

Pretty much everything wrong unfortunately. ;)

You already have the Lower 49 as an IMG file so you can simply add it to your SD card in a card reader and then put the SD into your SP C340. The map must be named only gmapsupp.img and be placed in a Garmin root folder (X:/Garmin/gmapsupp.img). If the map is licensed to your device or is properly unlocked it'll work.
B1ng0 offline

User avatar Junior Member

Return to General Discussions about Garmin