Old map stopped working (Garmin Astro 220)   

Old map stopped working (Garmin Astro 220)

Postby bahzo » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:52 pm

Hi!

I have spent hours and hours downloading and trying to fix my issue with every available software on this forum but without luck. So now I am asking you guys for help.

I have 2 devices: 1x Garmin Astro 220 and 1x Garming Astro 320. The 320 model is currently used so I haven't tried anything on that device yet.

My problem is that my old map that has worked for many years stopped working on my 320. It is the "Friluftkartan Prime v2 Sweden" map. I still have the .img file backuped but can not seem to get it to work. It's a large file (over 2Gb). Since I do have basic map I use that for now until hunting season is over. But to fix my problem I copied the .img file to my computer and tried to add it to basecamp and mapsource. None worked. When I try to use the map with the Astro 220, the device just fades out upon booting. I suspect it is due to the size of the map file. I have succesfully installed bits of the Sweden Topo V6 Pro map on the 220. However that map does not have property boundaries which are necessary when hunting and keeping track of my dog.

I want help installing the old map into basecamp or mapsource so I can transfer it back to my devices. Or somehow check my map file so it isn't corrupt. I really miss my old map!

Please help me <3 And if you need any more information to help me resolve this, please just ask.
bahzo offline

Return to General Discussions about Garmin