Old Garmin   

Old Garmin

Postby gas1man » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:43 pm

Hello to all.
Happy New Year if you are already there.
My first post , so please be kind.
The Garmin we own is Nuvi 670 Euro.
It was bought back in 2008. My question is , is it worth updating or should we resort
to buying a new one?

Any help greatly appreciated.
:024:
gas1man offline

Re: Old Garmin

Postby GarmanNuvi » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:30 pm

gas1man wrote:Hello to all.
Happy New Year if you are already there.
My first post , so please be kind.
The Garmin we own is Nuvi 670 Euro.
It was bought back in 2008. My question is , is it worth updating or should we resort
to buying a new one?

Any help greatly appreciated.

[Please Register or Login to download file]
Happy New Year and congratulations on your first post.
We have members keeping their much older and lesser model Garmin's going here.
Although your nuvi 670 is old it was premium for its day with a wide screen, Hands free calling,music player and if the transatlantic model N.America & Europe maps pre loaded.
If you want to duplicate having both continents I'm sure you will need an SD card as both have grown since the nuvi 670 was launched .

IMO I would if you are inclined update it anyway as having a spare Garmin for visitors or taking it to a country where it is likely to stolen is handy especially if you still have all the accessories etc.
If you are looking at a new/used one you cannot go wrong with the DriveSmart 61 it has all the latest features and is still able to be Patched should you wish to use unlocked maps in the future for some other destination.
All you are going to need to update your nuvi 670 is the gmapprom.img if you overwrite the old maps in the Garmin folder on the device and gmapsupp.img (Map) placed in a folder called Garmin on an 8Gb SD card Formatted to Fat32. All this depends on what you want to end up with,so let us know and you'll be pointed in the right direction
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

Return to General Discussions about Garmin