[SOLVED] Nuvi 50 : installation new map   

[SOLVED] Nuvi 50 : installation new map

Postby foctav » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:50 pm

Good morning,

I have a Nuvi 50 with the City Navigator Europe NTU 2012.10 map installed on it. I would like to put the City Navigator Europe NTU 2018.10 on the device, but I am confused about the way to do it. It is for this I need your help. I listed below the questions that I ask me :

Can I install the latest map on my Nuvi 50 ?

What is the difference between map NT and NTU (Unicode) ?

What is the goal of the img, jcv, gmap files ?

What is the software that I need to use for realise this ? MapSource ? BaseCamp ? Jetmouse ?

What is the procedure to install maps in these softwares ? Is it the best way to do it (http://www.navitotal.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=4201)?

Thank you.

Have a good day.

Goodbye.
Last edited by foctav on Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
foctav offline

Re: Nuvi 50 : installation new map

Postby kolokythas » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:02 pm

to @foctav!
Unfortunately as usually everybody ask without to have time to read previous posts where everything is explained...
Anyway i will try to answer to you....

"Can I install the latest map on my Nuvi 50 ?"
yes if you patch your firmware in order to recognize unlocked maps.

"What is the difference between map NT and NTU (Unicode) ?"
As i explained before in other recent posts the Unicode recognize local characters of other languages if you use only Latin no need of Unicode.

"What is the goal of the img, jcv, gmap files ?"
The .img is the main image map the jcv are supported real photos and junctions views which can assist you to choose the proper lane etc....Some devices support full image or half image view etc..

"What is the software that I need to use for realise this ? MapSource ? BaseCamp ? Jetmouse ?"
It depends what you want you may use PC installation so you may use Mapisntall and Basecamp
or you may use just copy of the needed files on your device.

"What is the procedure to install maps in these softwares ? Is it the best way to do it "
There is no best or bad way it depends what you want theeasiest way is to copy on your device just unlocked files.....
kolokythas offline

Re: Nuvi 50 : installation new map

Postby foctav » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:48 pm

Good morning,

Thank you for your fast reply.

I am sorry because I didn't find the posts which answer my questions and I can understand it's frustrating to say every time the same thing.

I have finally succeeded to install the map on my device. I couldn't copy the map on the SD card, but with BaseCamp it worked great.

Thank you for your help.

Goodbye.
foctav offline

Return to General Discussions about Garmin