Nuvi 3790 Middle East version Voice Command problem   

Nuvi 3790 Middle East version Voice Command problem

Postby spookynet » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:29 am

Hi, some of voice commands options of my nuvi 3790 does not work properly. When I get in to voice command option with the wake up phrase and I choose "Favorites, Phone, Recently Found, etc" it works fine... But when I choose to go for "Find by Name" is says "This feature is not available for American English" and when I choose the go for "Find Address" it says "This feature is not available for United Arab Emirates" I had this problem since the beginning - it never worked out of the box. I wrote to Garmin support few times and they made me do to the software updates and also ASR file updates via the webupdater. Nothing has worked for me so far. I find this problem is specific to Middle East versions of nuvi 3790. Does anybody out there with the Nuvi 3790 Middle East version has/had the same problem? And anyone out there have fix for it?

Thanks in advance!
spookynet offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby spookynet » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:09 pm

Found a fix! :-D Anybody out there who's having the same problem, use the ASR files from the following post:

http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?5608-City-Navigator-Europe-NT-2012.10

After copying the ASR files to the ASR folder along with the map files to the respective folders, select "British English" as language. Using the mentioned ASR files, "Find by Name" started working perfectly. :-) I believe if I add ASR files from latest North America version, I would be able to get the Voice Command working on American English as well. But i didn't try this yet.

Unfortunately, voice commands such as "Find by Address" does not work for Middle East map, I was told by Garmin support that voice commands such as "Find by Address" is not going to work since they have not added that voice support to Middle East maps. What a shame eh?

By using the above mentioned Europe map the device became flawless. All voice commands while in Europe map works without any problem.

Cheers!
spookynet offline

User avatar Junior Member

Return to General Discussions about Garmin