Nuvi 2508 LT-D   

Nuvi 2508 LT-D

Postby Snootyfox » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:55 pm

Wondering if someone could let me have a copy of the garmindevice.xml file from their Nuvi 2508 LMT-D,(or show me how to edit the file)? I have the 2508 LT-D but want to be able to install latest map updates through Garmin Express. :024:
TIA
Snootyfox offline

Re: Nuvi 2508 LT-D

Postby GarmanNuvi » Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:30 pm

Snootyfox wrote:Wondering if someone could let me have a copy of the garmindevice.xml file from their Nuvi 2508 LMT-D,(or show me how to edit the file)? I have the 2508 LT-D but want to be able to install latest map updates through Garmin Express. :024:
TIA

What are you trying to achieve, what do you think editing the garmindevice.xml will do ?
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

Postby Snootyfox » Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:14 pm

GarmanNuvi wrote:
Snootyfox wrote:Wondering if someone could let me have a copy of the garmindevice.xml file from their Nuvi 2508 LMT-D,(or show me how to edit the file)? I have the 2508 LT-D but want to be able to install latest map updates through Garmin Express. :024:
TIA

What are you trying to achieve, what do you think editing the garmindevice.xml will do ?

My LT-D does not have lifetime map updates. The LMT-D has lifetime updates. My thinking is that if I can edit the garminDevice.xml file, then I can induce GE to update to the latest map update. Maybe that's a wish too far :022:
Snootyfox offline

Postby GarmanNuvi » Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:39 am

Snootyfox wrote:My LT-D does not have lifetime map updates. The LMT-D has lifetime updates. My thinking is that if I can edit the garminDevice.xml file, then I can induce GE to update to the latest map update. Maybe that's a wish too far :022:

That would be great, unfortunately Lifetime maps updates etc. are attached to the device ID. that's why our Garmin Map section with unlocked maps is so popular .
Your device also requires Patching to use Unlocked maps.
It is very important you identify your firmware installed so you can use the corrected Patched version.
Your garmindevice.xml shows you the HWID

nuvi 2xx7 and 2xx8 006-B1582-00 Release 5.50

nuvi 2xx7 and 2xx8 C4 006-B2077-00 Release 8.80
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

Return to General Discussions about Garmin