nuvi 2495LMT POI icons not showing on map   

nuvi 2495LMT POI icons not showing on map

Postby turbozob » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:14 am

Hello, I was searching the forum for this tread but could not find it so I created it, anyway I own nuvi 2495lmt and the what makes me angry is why the POI icons are not shown on the map. I can select them in "Where To?" I have map detail full, safe mode off,zoomed in, but still nothing. I can only see gas station,cash machine and restaurant icons,
I used to have Navigon 70Plus and these POI icons were clearly visible if there was any POI nearby.
Any ideas how to make icons visible or is it possible?

Thanks
turbozob offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby p!xeldealer » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:56 pm

First of all, you must tell us which POI you mean - maybe you have user POI without or with wrong icons. Nuvi normally shows no POI while routing, but on the new generation (e.g. nuvi 2495) it is possible to activate POI level while routing and it shows map POI as well as user POI.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The presentation of this posting exists of 100% of recycleable, taste-neutral, not genetic-
manipulated and unleaded pixels free of CFC - this guarantees for You p!xeldealer :yahoo:
p!xeldealer offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby turbozob » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:00 pm

Well for example Parking, Shopping, Sports... etc I remember Navigon showed all icons from fast foods, restaurants, supermarkets, camping ... at Garmin I can only see three blue icons restaurant, cash machine and one more I can't remember. When I go to search POI I have a lot of them, but still they are not when while bypassing them. I could not find anything to setup POI level. Maybe I can find image of Navigon to demonstrate...

Here it is
Navigon 4468
Garmin 4469
Garmin Nuvi 2495 LMT
turbozob offline

Postby turbozob » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:53 am

Reply from Garmin support

"With over 10 million POI available, our map providers Navteq chose to remove them from the mapping as otherwise they would clog up the map view so much that in certain places - notably town centres - you wouldn't be able to see the roads around you."
Garmin Nuvi 2495 LMT
turbozob offline

Postby p!xeldealer » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:13 pm

It's not the first time, that Garmin Support doesn't know what Garmin sells :rolling:

> go to menu > map layers and activate places along the road

4495 4496 4497

...so you will see POI along the route, if zoom scale is strong enough (some times in big cities too much :D).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The presentation of this posting exists of 100% of recycleable, taste-neutral, not genetic-
manipulated and unleaded pixels free of CFC - this guarantees for You p!xeldealer :yahoo:
p!xeldealer offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby turbozob » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:00 am

I have these layers on but still not so much are shown, but it could be that it is not popular locatioan and it is not shown. Thanks for the tip.
Garmin Nuvi 2495 LMT
turbozob offline

Return to General Discussions about Garmin