nuvi 1490 bootproblem   

nuvi 1490 bootproblem

Postby bartg » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:22 pm

Hello,
i have a garmin nuvi1340 which keeps booting-up. only the startscreen is showing and after several seconds it goes black en starts again.
The computerconnection only works for that short time, so i can do nothing to keep the system on to correct the software.
Who has the solution, the system worked fine these years without any problem and there was no update done for 1 year.
Hope to see answers shortly becaus the holiday is starting in 1 week
:022:
bartg offline

Re: nuvi 1490 bootproblem

Postby kolokythas » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:29 pm

bartg wrote:Hello,
i have a garmin nuvi1340 which keeps booting-up. only the startscreen is showing and after several seconds it goes black en starts again.
The computerconnection only works for that short time, so i can do nothing to keep the system on to correct the software.
Who has the solution, the system worked fine these years without any problem and there was no update done for 1 year.
Hope to see answers shortly becaus the holiday is starting in 1 week
:022:

i had a somilar problem with an old 660 and finaly was the batery
kolokythas offline

Re: nuvi 1490 bootproblem

Postby FireFox58 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:14 am

@bartg
In very old Devices the problem is due often by default battery.
Try to charge for a long time (ie all night long), if it does't work you must take in mind to replace internal battery:
Watch on [Please Register or Login to download file]

:lol:
FireFox58 offline

User avatar Member

Postby B1ng0 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:54 am

If the problem happens when the device is connected to an adequate external power source then the battery is not at fault. Constant restarts (a bootloop) can be an indication that the device is 'bricked' and you need to load Cure firmware so Mass Stoage Mode can be re-enabled, then remove any files likely to be the cause. Usually a GPI or IMG file is the problem.

Sometimes with a bootlooping device, one in a hundred or so restart flukes a complete boot so leaving it on charge for an extended period of time can result in it being able to be seen in MSM, but that has nothing to do with a dying battery.
B1ng0 offline

User avatar Junior Member

Return to General Discussions about Garmin