ID number Colorado 300 changed after update   

ID number Colorado 300 changed after update

Postby youssev » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:38 pm

Hi,
I need your help. I have a A 300. Since I made the latest online update(from 3.20 up to 3.40) , the ID number changed ! And since this moment, all the maps (FRance TOPO and City Europe 2011) that I send to the unit are shown as locked on my Colorado. But these maps have nicely been unlocked in Mapsource 6.16.2(cracked) using Garmin unlock generator 1.5 and with the new ID number.
I tried to downgrade the software back to 3.20 without success. Any idea ? Is that a new trick of Garmin ?
Thanks for your help.
youssev offline

Postby PiEtU » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:14 am

This is not new trick but trick anyway... try unlock your maps garmin unlocker alternative and try unlocked map image
download it from my signature
PiEtU offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby youssev » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:47 pm

Sorted ! Thank you pietu. So, after sending the map from mapsource, I coudl unlock it using garmin alternative unlocker. I didn't know that garmin used that trick, changing the ID number during online update. Is there a procedure to retreive the old one ?
youssev offline

Postby PiEtU » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:01 pm

youssev wrote:Sorted ! Thank you pietu. So, after sending the map from mapsource, I coudl unlock it using garmin alternative unlocker. I didn't know that garmin used that trick, changing the ID number during online update. Is there a procedure to retreive the old one ?

Its not deviceID problem it new GMA protection from garmin, that happen with new firmwares and map with ID 2200 -> , so you must use only UnLocked maps

EDIT: you not need send map to garmin device directly if you use mapsource patched version you can send maps to hard drive ;-)

here is latest:
MapSource 6.16.3 - Patched
PiEtU offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby youssev » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:13 pm

Thanks again. Yes, to send the map to the hardrive first must be much quicker.
youssev offline

Return to General Discussions about Garmin