Not Sure How to Proceed????   

Not Sure How to Proceed????

Postby Bleep55 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:34 pm

I have a Nextar X3-08 that I recently unlocked and run the original program and Igo8 without any problems. Today I decided to try adding a Garmin program and have zero experience with Garmin. I downloaded the Garmin Mobile XT v5.00.30wp-ASN. I installed it on my SD card and opened it through Explorer. The opening screen shows;
Garmin
NaviTotal Edition
Mobile XT
The language was in Chinese? I changed it to English and it appears that I am able to get 9-10 satellite locks.

Now my problem is....how do I proceed? I have no clue how to select the maps or how to install or activate. Which tutorial do I use. I would like to have USA or North America. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Bleep55 offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:58 pm

For maps you need unlocked "City Navigator" maps, Sometines abbrieviated to CN, Copy the GMAPSUPP.img to the Garmin directory, as long as you've installed Garmin correctly it'll work.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby Bleep55 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:33 pm

I took a shot this morning and downloaded CNNA_13.20_UNL maps and installed. I was out test driving it when you responded. It appears to be working fine. The only problem I can see is on the "View Map" screen. In the lower right hand corner is a small window. When driving without a destination programed it appears to be a compass and works fine showing letters N E S W. When I am driving to a selected destination it shows as "Arrival Time", but no time shows. It shows (--:--). Can this be corrected? Could this be a font size issue? Is there a way to select what you want to appear in the window. The window on the other side always shows speed and seems correct. Any help or suggestions is appreciated.

Thank You
Bleep55 offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby Fatboyfun » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:58 pm

It could be the time is not set correctly, but i don't use Garmin that often, so i wouldn't know.
Fatboyfun offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about Garmin