Need Serbia Map SD advice for Garmin 1350   

Need Serbia Map SD advice for Garmin 1350

Postby fmmagyar » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:25 pm

Installed Eur 2013.10 full version on SD card. No problem. Have used it but feel it is not as detailed for Serbia as the 2012 version which I may reinstall. Read info on AdriaRoute 4. Is this an enhanced and more detailed offering for Eastern Eur and Serbia then what is contained in the newest Eur 2013.10 version? Have tried to install AdriaRoute by changing name of img and placing in SD Map folder. System recognizes the map. I disabled the Eur map and tried to operate AdriaRoute but nothing happens. So the following questions: Will AdriaRoute work with Eur 2013.10?
If so, please advice on how to make the intall so it will work. Can someone recommend the latest and best detailed map for Serbia and how I can install it on my Garmin SD Card so that it will work. Please simple and detailed instructions. I have read the tutorials but feel I am making a very simple mistake but I just can't catch it. Thanking you before hand for your assistance and responses.
fmmagyar offline

Postby fmmagyar » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:42 pm

I solved my problem. Here's how: Took the Eur 2013 and adriaRoute 4 unlocked maps and used the Garmin Unlocker Alternative Program to make sure maps were unlocked. Then used the GMap Tool to combine the maps. Did this by setting up two separate folders for the individual unlocked versions. Then opened each unlocked version via the directory option of the GMap Tool. Then hit the join all button. Established another folder for the combined map version. Renamed the map file via right click and rename item, then typed in gmapsupp.img and that gave me the img image. Then I copied the combined image to the Garmin folder on the SD card and it then worked. Used Total Commander program to make the copy. Great program which is easy to use for many copying, deleting and transferring functions. I have three maps on my system and all three appeared. For information, I tried the adriairoute map separately on the SD card before combing the maps and it worked. I was interested i n the Serbia map because I thought it was a newer update but now believe the Serbian portion for all intents and purposes is most likely what comes with the Eur 2013 full version. Now that I have done it it is easy. What I did was very simple and I have tried to write my method to help others who may become confused with some other methods
fmmagyar offline

Return to General Discussions about Garmin