Missing System Software Garmin DriveSmart 61 LMT   

Missing System Software Garmin DriveSmart 61 LMT

Postby pierrecombuse » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:39 pm

Dear members,

I have a DriveSmart 61 LMT that I have been updating once or twice in the past.
Yesterday, I updated it again. I first updated the software. Everything went well. The device started again. Fine.
Then I updated the map which took several hours as my internet connection is not that fast.

The device was connected to power but I did not look at it during the whole time. So the download went to about 7 minutes to go. When I looked at the device again, the screen was black. Now, when I try to power it on, it simply says Missing System Software.

Is there anything I can do myself? The device is older than 2 years so there is no warranty.

Thanks in advance!

Pierre
pierrecombuse offline

Re: Missing System Software Garmin DriveSmart 61 LMT

Postby B1ng0 » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:45 am

Devices displaying "System Software Missing" message have usually defaulted to preboot mode and can be flashed using an RGN file via Updater.exe to restore the firmware (Garmin calls it 'system software' which is quite correct terminology).

You can confirm the device is in preboot by connecting it to a PC and looking in Device Manager for GARMIN Device/s. If you need further info or help with making an RGN just post again.
B1ng0 offline

User avatar Junior Member

Re: Missing System Software Garmin DriveSmart 61 LMT

Postby pierrecombuse » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:15 pm

Thanks for the reply!
In the meantime, Garmin's customer support replied. They will exchange the device. So unexpectedly, I will not have to do the repair on my own.
pierrecombuse offline

Return to General Discussions about Garmin