Missing detailed maps   

Missing detailed maps

Postby janm » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:46 pm

I loaded Garmin Mobile XT on my HTC HD2 and it runs fine, I also loaded a map using map install and it is visible when selecting view map.
however when I want to set up a route to an address I'm told that I need detailed maps for this function, why is that?
janm offline

Postby Confused » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:48 am

janm wrote:I loaded Garmin Mobile XT on my HTC HD2 and it runs fine, I also loaded a map using map install and it is visible when selecting view map.
however when I want to set up a route to an address I'm told that I need detailed maps for this function, why is that?

I don't have your answer but that message is telling you that for some reason, the nav is clearly not recognizing any detailed maps. The map to are seeing is possibly some sort of basemap which lacks necessary detail. A couple things come to mind...

1. the detailed map you loaded may be named incorrectly or in the wrong directory for your particular device.

2. are you sure you actually loaded a detailed map? Your did not mention which map you are trying to use.
Confused offline

Postby janm » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:00 pm

I downloaded City Navigator Europe NTU 2013.30, MapSource with .msi installer, the unlocked version. With mapinstall, included in the download, I installed a part of this map. The area I selected was the benelux, germany and austria taking about 550 Mb
I would think I have a detailed map because I can see all the roads down to unpaved roads, in search on map I can search down to street level and when clicking on a street it will give me the street name. I can create a waypoint that way and set up a route that way.
In personal data, map sets I have two entries, worldwide roads basemap and detailed maps both on \Opslagkaart3 (my language is dutch I translated the second entry from "gedetailleerde kaarten")
I created a GMAPSUPP.UNL using the FID 2780 with jetmouse and put it in \Garmin on the SD card, it made no difference.
janm offline

Postby janm » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:59 am

Problem solved! Replaced City Navigator Europe NTU 2013.30 FID 2780 with Navigator Europe NT 2013.30 FID 2779. It appears that the NTU version is not compatible with the Garmin mobile XT on my HTC HD2
janm offline

Postby p!xeldealer » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:18 am

That's a well known fact: Unicode map version only works with current Garmin devices from 2010 and newer!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The presentation of this posting exists of 100% of recycleable, taste-neutral, not genetic-
manipulated and unleaded pixels free of CFC - this guarantees for You p!xeldealer :yahoo:
p!xeldealer offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Return to General Discussions about Garmin