Installing onto Eonon D5151?   

Installing onto Eonon D5151?

Postby soulchief » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:02 pm

I'm looking at purchasing a Eonon D5151, but I'm wondering if I should pay extra for maps or if its easy to install Garmin 2013 North American maps onto it. I don't want to buy it without the maps then find that I can't install maps on it.
soulchief offline

Postby p!xeldealer » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:17 am

What is "Eonon D5151"? You minimally have to tell us what operational system and main technical data has the device!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The presentation of this posting exists of 100% of recycleable, taste-neutral, not genetic-
manipulated and unleaded pixels free of CFC - this guarantees for You p!xeldealer :yahoo:
p!xeldealer offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby sefeing » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:28 pm

I'm wondering the same thing. The D5151 runs WinCE 6.0, has a 800x480 resolution and 128mb RAM.

The specs can be found here- [Please Register or Login to download file]
Mine is on the way, so id like Garmin as well.
sefeing offline

Postby d3n13d » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:00 pm

I have the unit I am running igo primo 2.4 with navteq maps, DEM and tts pro. It runs smoothly.
d3n13d offline

Postby sefeing » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:17 pm

As do I. Right now I'm having a problem with the clock on the head unit though. Whenever I start up iGo, the time on the head unit freezes. It seems the head unit itself stops getting a GPS signal when I start igo, but when I exit it resumes no problem. Any ideas? It seemed to be alight with kudos. Maybe I just have to lower the baud rate?
sefeing offline

Postby winsys11 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:47 am

I have D5151 also. The included maps (Kudos) don't do TTS for Australian maps, so I'd like to get Igo working.

I can navigate etc with IGo, all works fine, except I have no voices. If I turn GPS mix off, I can hear the front speakers mute the radio (or music) but no GPS sound is heard.
(this is correct behaviour, in this mode GPS should be heard thru front speakers only)

d3n13d, any chance of you posting your SYS.TXT file please?

thanks,
Mark
winsys11 offline

Postby Ismar » Fri May 24, 2013 5:02 pm

d3n13d wrote:I have the unit I am running igo primo 2.4 with navteq maps, DEM and tts pro. It runs smoothly.

I'm complete newbie when it comes to GPS software. I've owned a Garmin for several years, but over the past few I've been using my phone and Google maps.

I recently bought the Eonon D5151 for my car, and would like to install GPS on it, but I'm not sure where/how to begin. I found this thread (http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?3521-Guide-to-install-iGO-Primo-on-devices-with-Windows-CE-core.), but I seem to have some issues downloading the file. The link seems to point me to more links (mirrors), which in turn point to more links (mirrors).

Even if I download the files, I have zero experience installing this type of software on a Windows CE device. Should I leave it on an SD card and run it from there. The D5151 has a GPS SD slot, so I'm guessing so.

Any help would be appreciated to get a new guy up and running.

Thanks,
Don
Ismar offline

Return to General Discussions about Garmin