Installing new map on a Nuvi40   

Installing new map on a Nuvi40

Postby orlando_sa » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:01 pm

Hi all,
Sorry if I'm being a little special here but I'm quite new to Garmin.
A friend has recently given me a Garmin satnav (nuvi40), this is the first time I have ever used Garmin which also doesn't help. The issue is that it comes preloaded with the AUS and NZ maps which are not good to me as I live in the UK.

I have installed Garmin express on my machine and tried changing the map that way but I only get an option to reinstall the installed map...
Can someone please let me know how to load a different map onto the device, if possible I would like to have the map of Europe loaded but if not possible due to storage capacity (the device has 2GB builtin memory with also a micro Sd port but I have no card installed) the map of the UK would be great.

Please point me in the right direction guys :023:

Best Regards,
Orlando
orlando_sa offline

Re: Installing new map on a Nuvi40

Postby GarmanNuvi » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:48 am

orlando_sa wrote:Hi all,
If possible I would like to have the map of Europe loaded but if not possible due to storage capacity (the device has 2GB builtin memory with also a micro Sd port but I have no card installed) the map of the UK would be great.
Orlando

Just another thing....how do i add this map to the device, is it just a matter of extracting and copying into the garmin?

Without an SD card Europe will not be possible,UK & ROI with the junction view file is 475 MB ,so you will be able to add it to the existing maps on the device.
Map folder including the .img into the root of the device and the .jcv file into the system/JCV folder
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

Re: Installing new map on a Nuvi 40

Postby orlando_sa » Mon Aug 24, 2020 7:33 pm

Thanks GarmanNuvi,
Just another thing....how do i add this map to the device, is it just a matter of extracting and copying into the garmin?
Thanks so much and sorry that I have no clue.....
Regards,Orlando

See above
orlando_sa offline

Return to General Discussions about Garmin