How to prevent Garmin Nuvi 1100 from going into Mass Storage   

How to prevent Garmin Nuvi 1100 from going into Mass Storage

Postby Dan33185 » Sat May 15, 2021 1:02 am

I'm trying to figure out how to prevent my Garmin Nuvi 1100 from going in to Mass Storage mode when using a USB cord, and not the lighter charger. I've tried the method where you hold the battery symbol for 8 seconds to enter and exit test mode, and that didn't work. Is this just not possible to do?
Dan33185 offline

Re: How to prevent Garmin Nuvi 1100 from going into Mass Sto

Postby GarmanNuvi » Sat May 15, 2021 5:44 am

Garmin Power cables are wired differently ,there is a 17k-ohm resistor that is what allows the unit to recognise it is not a USB/data cable and Power/Charge it while in use.
The Cable 010-11838-00 has an output of 4.75 - 5.25 Volts, 2.0 Amps. Head units for example only average 100 mA-500 mA not enough to keep up to the power consumption of your unit

[Please Register or Login to download file]
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

Re: How to prevent Garmin Nuvi 1100 from going into Mass Sto

Postby Dan33185 » Sat May 15, 2021 10:39 pm

GarmanNuvi wrote:Garmin Power cables are wired differently ,there is a 17k-ohm resistor that is what allows the unit to recognise it is not a USB/data cable and Power/Charge it while in use.
<a href="https://www.instructables.com/Garmin-Samsung-Charger-Reverse-Engineering/" title="Linkify Plus Plus" class="linkifyplus" rel="noopener">https://www.instructables.com/Garmin-Samsung-Charger-Reverse-Engineering/</a>

Ah, shoot, I was afraid of something like that. Thanks for the link, I wouldn't trust myself to do that though, ha.
Dan33185 offline

Return to General Discussions about Garmin