How to install new BlueChart G2 Vision HD charts in SD Cards   

How to install new BlueChart G2 Vision HD charts in SD Cards

Postby Vasconia » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:52 pm

Hello friends!
I have just downloaded both files (VSA001A.rar and VSA001R.rar) from the BlueChart G2 Vision HD South America East Coast v17.5 post.
I read that both .img files work in a complementary way; this new HD chart consists of two img-files with different internals, in the present instance A-file contains 1-foot HD fishing contours, which are supported only by new marine devices. But I have a problem; both .img files are named "gmapsupp.img", so, how do I put them inside the SD card? Should I create a folder called GARMIN and put one of them inside and the in the root of the sd? How do I put the two maps if they are named gmapsupp? it'll ask me to replace them!. Shluld I paste the "VSA001A" and "VSA001R" folders (with the respective gmapsupp.img map inside) into the root of the sd card? ...
Could you tell me how the folders and files structure should be inside the SD card?
:banghead:

Thank you very much!
Vasconia offline

User avatar Junior Member

Re: How to install new BlueChart G2 Vision HD charts in SD C

Postby Cnfhbr » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:55 am

Modern devices support any file names, so rename one or both of your files at your discretion (for example: vsa001a.img + gmapsupp.img or vsa001a.img + vsa001r.img or otherwise).
Then put both unlocked files together on your empty SD card into the Garmin directory and enjoy ...
Cnfhbr offline

Re: How to install new BlueChart G2 Vision HD charts in SD C

Postby Vasconia » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:42 pm

Thank you again CNFHBR!
Vasconia offline

Return to General Discussions about Garmin