Help with Garmin Drive assist   

Help with Garmin Drive assist

Postby woodman990 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:45 pm

Hello I need some help please with my Drive Assist 51 I have put some speed camera warnings on my map which I got from Pocketgpsworld and now I wish to remove them but I do not know how to do it is it possible to remove them if not can I remove all the Map then start again.
If I have to remove all the Map what do I do to install another one then just use Garmin's speed camera warnings.
Any help much appreciated....keep it simple please hi....
Thanks woodman990
woodman990 offline

Re: Help with Garmin Drive assist

Postby GarmanNuvi » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:27 pm

woodman990 wrote:Hello I need some help please with my Drive Assist 51 I have put some speed camera warnings on my map which I got from Pocketgpsworld and now I wish to remove them but I do not know how to do it is it possible to remove them if not can I remove all the Map then start again.
If I have to remove all the Map what do I do to install another one then just use Garmin's speed camera warnings.
Any help much appreciated....keep it simple please hi....
Thanks woodman990

Maps (.img) and Safety camera (.gpi) are separate files,Look in your POI folder there should be a xxx.gpi file dated when you loaded them I guess with garmin POI loader. Delete it and use the ones below
language-files-voices-speedcams/garmin-cyclops-safety-cameras-saf-t1888.html#p176062
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

Re: Help with Garmin Drive assist

Postby woodman990 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:05 pm

Thank you I will give this a try then load the other files...
woodman990 offline

Return to General Discussions about Garmin