GPSMAP 66i Locked IMEI what could i do ?   

GPSMAP 66i Locked IMEI what could i do ?

Postby Observador » Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:28 pm

Bought an used GPSMAP 66i and been unable to contact the previous owner. There's any way to unlock the IMEI for using inreach capabilities with Garmin Support ?

Thanks in advance :focus:
Observador offline

Re: GPSMAP 66i Locked IMEI what could i do ?

Postby GarmanNuvi » Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:58 pm

Observador wrote:GPSMAP 66i Locked IMEI what could i do ?

You will have to work with the previous owner and Garmin to resolve this.
Long story short you will have to call Garmin and they will tell you how to resolve.
Their tech-CS on these things is top shelf and they are well versed in this problem.

From the Garmin website:

My new device will not activate because it is ‘Locked’, what should I do?

Please call inReach Billing at 1-800-511-2459 Monday-Friday 9am-6pm EST or email us at [email protected]. We can further discuss with you why your device IMEI is locked. If you purchased a device used and the IMEI is locked, please immediately seek a refund or attempt to return the device.

Dec 21, 2018
My buddy has run into this situation before. Bought a unit from the cabelas bargain cave and it was locked by the previous owner. The PO purchased it, tried it, and returned to store before he killed the acct. Took a couple of weeks to get it straightened out. They had to attempt to reach the current acct holder and ask them to cancel service. If the previous acct holder can’t be reached or won’t take the time to cancel then they have to wait a certain amount of time before they will terminate service from their end. Overall comms with Delorme/Garmin were excellent and it was handled as appropriately as possible given the circumstances. More of a time hassle than anything else. That’s probably why they recommend returning it vs going thru the hassle on their end.

[Please Register or Login to download file]
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

Return to General Discussions about Garmin