Garmin POI question   

Garmin POI question

Postby chas521 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:42 pm

Obviously even another mod can have a question. :p I'm ashamed to say that my maps for my WinCE 5.0 Garmin Mobile XT are a couple of years old. I use my iGO navs pretty exclusively. When I want to update my iGO POIs all I have to do put the new file in the content\poi sub-folder. Maps aren't touched at all. They have their own sub-folder. Now I want to update my Garmin POIs. How do I do that? Thanks.

EDIT: I'm interested in the US States from Maine to Florida to include Pennsylvania
If it ain't broke don't fix it!
ALWAYS BACK-UP YOUR FILES/FOLDERS BEFORE MAKING EDITING CHANGES!

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby PiEtU » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:37 am

chas521 wrote:Obviously even another mod can have a question. :p I'm ashamed to say that my maps for my WinCE 5.0 Garmin Mobile XT are a couple of years old. I use my iGO navs pretty exclusively. When I want to update my iGO POIs all I have to do put the new file in the content\poi sub-folder. Maps aren't touched at all. They have their own sub-folder. Now I want to update my Garmin POIs. How do I do that? Thanks.

EDIT: I'm interested in the US States from Maine to Florida to include Pennsylvania

Some POIs is integrated in map, but garmin use also POI folder \Garmin\poi where you put all poi files if you have some one....

eg. this one http://www.navitotal.com/forums/showthread.php?1888-Cyclops%E2%84%A2-Safety-Cameras-Europe-Australia
PiEtU offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby chas521 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:37 am

Thanks Pietu. Here's what I did. I downloaded the latest NA unlocked img. maps you had in your map section and put them into my Garmin folder. They work fine and I do see new POIs. But now you also have me interested in the POI sets. Your example is Australia [actually it looks like Europe] but is there one for NA?

Please do NOT post any thanks. Simply press the hand icon with the "thumb up" which is the thank you button.
chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby PiEtU » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:44 am

I think garmin safety cams is only free in NA (not cyclops)
you can found some POIs from internet site like this one

[Please Register or Login to download file]
PiEtU offline

User avatar Elite Member

Postby chas521 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:47 am

No, I know that site and actually the map POIs should be just fine - thanks my friend. You can mark this thread solved.

chas521 offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby PiEtU » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:50 am

chas521 wrote:No, I know that site and actually the map POIs should be just fine - thanks my friend. You can mark this thread solved.

yes, i just use europe speedcams not any others :)
PiEtU offline

User avatar Elite Member

Return to General Discussions about Garmin