Garmin Nuvi 850 map problem   

Garmin Nuvi 850 map problem

Postby ntisco » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:54 am

Hi all from Greece.
I have the old Garmin Nuvi 850 and would like to put 2 maps in (one 70mb and one 180mb) The map that I have in is the Autodrive 5.20 and the location that it can see it is at the main memory in the folder garmin and the name of the map is gmapsupp.

I have tried all the combinations in and out of the sd card and in the main memory but nothing at the unit...If I put it at the sd/garmin/map/gmappsup I can see it from basecamp but not in the device when I go to menu system map....

I have tried to mergin the 2 maps with gmap tool but the device doesn't see it....only from basecamp I can seee it with the device connected....any help please??
ntisco offline

Re: Garmin Nuvi 850 map problem

Postby kolokythas » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:11 pm

ntisco wrote:Hi all from Greece.
I have the old Garmin Nuvi 850 and would like to put 2 maps in (one 70mb and one 180mb) The map that I have in is the Autodrive 5.20 and the location that it can see it is at the main memory in the folder garmin and the name of the map is gmapsupp.

I have tried all the combinations in and out of the sd card and in the main memory but nothing at the unit...If I put it at the sd/garmin/map/gmappsup I can see it from basecamp but not in the device when I go to menu system map....

I have tried to mergin the 2 maps with gmap tool but the device doesn't see it....only from basecamp I can seee it with the device connected....any help please??

did tou tried to rename the second map ?
Usally the old devices regognize the main map as gmaprom.img and the sexond one as gmapsupp.img gmapsup1.img
kolokythas offline

Postby ntisco » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:51 pm

I have the "good" one as gmapsupp.img at the main memory garmin/gmapsupp and the second as gmapsupp or 1 or 2 either at the sd card garmin/map or under the gmapsupp at the main memory at garmin folder....
ntisco offline

Postby ntisco » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:09 pm

Well I manage to see from inside the device the 2 maps but I notice that when I go to the map only the pprom map show the route I notice that when I zoom at the moment appears and the second but then disappear and again the first...i have prom the good map and supp the second at the same place in the device...The basemap pop up error at the second map (supp)....
ntisco offline

Postby kolokythas » Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:14 pm

ntisco wrote:Well I manage to see from inside the device the 2 maps but I notice that when I go to the map only the pprom map show the route I notice that when I zoom at the moment appears and the second but then disappear and again the first...i have prom the good map and supp the second at the same place in the device...The basemap pop up error at the second map (supp)....

If the maps are overlapes for the same region the device shows always the most new or most infromed for this region. Only if you merge the two maps with gmaptool you will see them together but again you may face some problems better is to choose from the menu which one is active or not
kolokythas offline

Postby ntisco » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:55 pm

The strange thing is that when i choose the good one (Autodrive 5.20) all work fine...when I choose only the second (Pegasus Greek map ) it shows again the Autodrive...when I go to map menu I see that both are tick......the Pegasus works only alone and if I name it as gmapsupp.....
ntisco offline

Postby ntisco » Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:58 pm

and by the way is there a osm map in Greek ?I can't find one..2018 year new...
ntisco offline

Postby kolokythas » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:27 am

ntisco wrote:Top

i propose you to rename the main map on the memory gmapprom and the second gmapsupp as it concerns the greek maps you can try to download on your pc the latest europe nt 2019.20 and with the basemap and map install to install on your device the areas only that you are interested because of course there is not enough space on this device.
Autodrive is a part of this map Pegasus just has some nice icons but the best map for grece and the area of Balkans is this one that i told you Try the NT not the NTU is not for your device
kolokythas offline

Postby kolokythas » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:27 pm

You have PM
kolokythas offline

Return to General Discussions about Garmin