Garmin Nuvi 1450T   

Garmin Nuvi 1450T

Postby fredderf » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:57 pm

Hi all,

I'm hoping to try and help a family member update his Garmin Nuvi 1450T but I have to do it remotely as he lives in Australia so I'll be using TeamViewer...the biggest problem I have is that although I know a bit about TomTom's, I know nothing about Garmins. I do know that he's never really used it since he bought it a few years ago so I've been doing some research into how to begin.

It seems sensible to go down the official route & reset it back to factory defaults (via hidden developer menu?) > install the Garmin Express software & complete the official Garmin updates > see what I end up with...I'm expecting device software to be fully updated but with an old map Australia installed.

If I understand correctly, the Express software will be of no further use so I need to go back into the hidden menu and change the MTP settings to mass storage so I gain access to the hidden system folders. From there I can replace the old gmapprom.img with a new one?

Not knowing which maps fit what device, I have already downloaded the following complete archives from trusted GarmanNuvi links (thanks a lot mate):
CN Australia & New Zealand NT 2020.10 FID 7895
CN Australia & New Zealand NT 2020.20 FID 8032

Also I've downloaded Garmin Cyclops 2019-09-02 unlocked which I've seen that I need to place inside the POI folder.

My questions:
1. Am I on the right track with all of the above?
2. Is there any patching/unlocking or any of that kind of malarkey involved...or is it just a copy & replace old for new?
3. How do I know which new map archive to use from GarminNuvi's links and which files do I need to replace as I'm sure they won't all be usable/necessary.

Thank you
fredderf offline

Administrator

Re: Garmin Nuvi 1450T Update

Postby GarmanNuvi » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:39 am

Yes you are on the right track I don't think nuvi 13xx 14xx use MTP mode, as long as the PC has show Hidden files,folders & drives you should see the system folder , all my files are unlocked so copy/replace old for new ,there are only 2 files that you need the Map gmapprom,img and the Junction view D2563300A.jcv

CN Australia & New Zealand NT 2020.20 FID 8032
Before you post, "The archive is corrupt or damaged"
Please make sure your archive software is up to date or just Use the latest [Please Register or Login to download file]
GarmanNuvi offline

User avatar Moderator

Re: Garmin Nuvi 1450T

Postby fredderf » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:48 pm

This all looks too easy compared to a TomTom...at least, you make it easy with your unlocked files

Thanks very much GarmanNuvi...I'll be doing this at the weekend so I'll report back
fredderf offline

Administrator

Re: Garmin Nuvi 1450T

Postby fredderf » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:52 pm

Just a quick update...it all went very well, I reset it to factory defaults, updated the device & installed the new map & latest speedcams

GarmanNuvi: thanks again for your help and the new map...my cousin also asked me to pass on his thanks too :023:

:thread_solved:
fredderf offline

Administrator

Return to General Discussions about Garmin