Garmin map locked, tried many things - SOLVED   

Garmin map locked, tried many things - SOLVED

Postby maan1001 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:22 am

I know that there is tons of threads like i make now, but i've tried almost everything and still no result. Formerly i've been using and playing with TomTom which seems now like baby toy compared to Garmin device :D

I have a Garmin Nüvi 1490 and i would like to install new map to sd card. New map is Regio Eesti Topo which i got from here [Please Register or Login to download file] post nr.5, it is gmappsupp.img file. There it says to unlock with fast img unlocker but this little thing doesnt do nothing :)
I've been searching around the web for solution and found many answers but nothing seems to work for me:
*Tried Jetmouse gen, added regional unlock to MapSource and to BaseCamp
*Tried with Mapsettoolkit to create new map
*Then tried to copy map onto card and generated .unl file with Jetmouse (this has got me the most far, because when my device boots up, it says that cant read map)

I think answer to my problem should be very easy because ppl do it every day, but still im missing something or doing some little thing wrong. So far i've been wasting after work time at 3 days and 10 hours together and still nothing, PLEASE someone help me to figure out this thing.
maan1001 offline

Postby p!xeldealer » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:45 pm

Are you sure, that fast img unlocker did nothing?
Did you use it with admin rights?
Are you sure, that your download was succesfull and the img is ok?

You also can try this: http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?9369-Garmin-Image-Unlock-gimgunlock or this: http://www.navitotal.com/showthread.php?1170-Garmin-UnLocker-Alternative-v7.1.2-(17.03.2012). I for myself prefer the last tool - it always did it's job!

All the other things you did, are not useful.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The presentation of this posting exists of 100% of recycleable, taste-neutral, not genetic-
manipulated and unleaded pixels free of CFC - this guarantees for You p!xeldealer :yahoo:
p!xeldealer offline

User avatar Ex Moderator

Postby maan1001 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:22 am

Gimgunlock did it! Simple as that, less than minute :) Thanks
maan1001 offline

Return to General Discussions about Garmin