Garmin Camper 760 lmt-d changing firmware   

Garmin Camper 760 lmt-d changing firmware

Postby mylahjibi » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:57 pm

Hello in the Navitotal Forum!
Many thanks goes to all people who helped me with all the issues I had with the Garmin Terminals!
My question today is that I've just bought a Garmin Camper 760 LMT-D for Camping cars and I want to use it for a Truck!
is it possible to add a profile for the truck on it?or I need to change the whole firmware to the Dezel 760 firmware?
please give me help and advice!
Regards
mylahjibi offline

Re: Garmin Camper 760 lmt-d changing firmware

Postby B1ng0 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:25 am

You cannot simply add a truck profile. The functions are in the dezl firmware so the only way is to convert.

The devices nuvi 2797, dezl/Camper/RV 760 are identical hardware with differing HWIDs. Theoretically full conversion from any of them to another should be possible however the safest way is to first try a 'hybrid firmware' made up of the Camper 760's boot.bin combined with the rest of dezl 760's firmware components and retaining the Camper's HWID. If that works successfully then a full flash of complete dezl firmware should be safe. If a hybrid flash doesn't work and you get 'system software missing' message or there are weird results then a flash back to Camper firmware is easy because the Boot BLK and X-Loader regions have not been overwritten with the dezl boot.bin (which may well be the same data with just a different HWID anyway, I haven't checked).

In some cases hybrid fw won't work to convert successfully but a full conversion does, 37x0 to 34x0 is such an example. Doing a full conversion is more likely to give all desired functions however might also irretrievable brick the device. I'm sure the conversion has been tried many times before so perhaps someone might post about their results.
B1ng0 offline

User avatar Junior Member

Postby mylahjibi » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:53 am

B1ng0 wrote:You cannot simply add a truck profile. The functions are in the dezl firmware so the only way is to convert.

The devices nuvi 2797, dezl/Camper/RV 760 are identical hardware with differing HWIDs. Theoretically full conversion from any of them to another should be possible however the safest way is to first try a 'hybrid firmware' made up of the Camper 760's boot.bin combined with the rest of dezl 760's firmware components and retaining the Camper's HWID. If that works successfully then a full flash of complete dezl firmware should be safe. If a hybrid flash doesn't work and you get 'system software missing' message or there are weird results then a flash back to Camper firmware is easy because the Boot BLK and X-Loader regions have not been overwritten with the dezl boot.bin (which may well be the same data with just a different HWID anyway, I haven't checked).

In some cases hybrid fw won't work to convert successfully but a full conversion does, 37x0 to 34x0 is such an example. Doing a full conversion is more likely to give all desired functions however might also irretrievable brick the device. I'm sure the conversion has been tried many times before so perhaps someone might post about their results.

Thanxs a lot for your kind reply!can you provide me the files ('hybrid firmware' made up of the Camper 760's boot.bin combined with the rest of dezl 760's firmware components and retaining the Camper's HWID ) I need to make this conversion?
mylahjibi offline

Postby B1ng0 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:57 pm

My PC is down at present and I'm also quite busy with other projects. I can make it for you but it means having to download both firmwares again as I can't easily access the copies I have on my fritzed PC.

Solutions:
1. You can do it yourself using RGN_Tool.exe (link below) to blend the fw components, or
2. If you don't feel confident to do that just post again and I'll make it for you when I have time in a day or so unless someone else does it beforehand.
Code: Select all
http://turboccc.wikispaces.com/RGN_Tool
B1ng0 offline

User avatar Junior Member

Return to General Discussions about Garmin